Garlic and Thyme Pan-Fried Red Potatoes. In a large bowl, toss the new potatoes with the oil, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Transfer potatoes to a baking pan and arrange in a single layer. Garlic Thyme Potatoes Small red potatoes, partially peeled, make an eye-catching presentation in this simple side dish from our Test Kitchen.
Take a spoon and smash or grind the garlic and oil together on the side of your bowl (think mortar and. Herb and Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes Quick and Easy Roasted Red Potatoes. I like a cast-iron skillet or a dutch oven as this type of cookware retains heat well. You can cook Garlic and Thyme Pan-Fried Red Potatoes using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Garlic and Thyme Pan-Fried Red Potatoes
- Prepare 8-10 of red potatoes, quartered.
- You need 1 of drizzle of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of white onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 of tsps garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of tsps thyme, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
As the excess moisture in the pan is driven off, a lightly toasted color will appear on the surface of the spuds. These fried garlic potatoes make a tasty side dish to serve with steaks, grilled chicken, and fish. The unique thing about these garlic potatoes is that whole, unpeeled garlic is cooked with the potatoes and then it is peeled, crushed, and added back to the potatoes. A small amount of lemon juice along with parsley and onions round this recipe out for flavor and texture.
Garlic and Thyme Pan-Fried Red Potatoes step by step
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper..
- Place potatoes in a pan on medium heat, cut side down until golden brown. Flip to other cut side and repeat. Then stir occasionally until potatoes and onions are soft..
Sprinkle with salt and black pepper; turn the chicken, potatoes, and garlic to coat with butter. Brush maple syrup over the chicken pieces, and spoon pan drippings over the potatoes. Add a few garlic slices and rosemary to the pot, and continue frying for another minute or so, until potatoes or deep golden and crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined plate, making sure to get all the garlic and rosemary out. Sprinkle generously with salt and repeat in batches with the rest of the potatoes, rosemary, and garlic.