Egg Plants with Potatoes and Minced Meat. Place the eggplant slices in a large bowl and cover with water. Saute onion and ground beef in olive oil brown; drain extra fat. In a large skillet, brown ground beef; drain off excess fat.
Add more oil to skillet, wait a minute, and then add onion and garlic. Mince (ground meat) is a cheap cut of meat and can get quite boring being made up into the same usual dishes. Greek Moussaka is an interesting, flavoursome dish that incorporates the typical flavours of Greece with cinnamon, garlic and oregano which is layered with both eggplant (aubergines) and potatoes and topped with a rich bechamel sauce. You can have Egg Plants with Potatoes and Minced Meat using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egg Plants with Potatoes and Minced Meat
- Prepare 3 of Large Onions.
- Prepare 1 of Glove Garlic.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 500 Gr of Minced Pork (Optional).
- Prepare 600 Gr of Aubergines.
- Prepare 750 Gr of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 Litre of Milk.
- You need 6 of Tomatoes.
- It’s 200 Gr of Grated Cheese – Chedar.
- Prepare of Oregano.
Eggplant Fatteh is basically a layered eggplant and yoghurt salad. Layer the eggplant slices on the bottom. Add the meat sauce and spread to cover the eggplant. Layer the potato slices to cover the meat sauce and sprinkle with the bread crumbs.
Egg Plants with Potatoes and Minced Meat instructions
- Peel the Onion and dice, finely chop Garlic and fry until lightly browned. Stir in the meat until browned and add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Wash and Dry Aubergine and cut into 1cm disks. fry in oil until slightly softened. sprinkle with salt and pepper and allow to drain on kitchen paper..
- Cook the potates Cubed in water, drain and add milk and make into a mash..
- Wash Tomatoes and Slice..
- Transfer Half the Mince and Onions (or just onions) into a dish, then half the mash and half the tomatoes and aubergines. then repeat making layers. on the top Arrange to make nice pattern..
- Sprinkle with Salt, Pepper and Oregano, Sprinkle a little more oil over it and then sprinkle the grated cheese on top. Bake in Oven 200 Degrees C for about 30 mins.
Finally spread the cheese topping to thinly cover the potatoes. Spread a layer of meat sauce on the eggplant followed by a layer of the shredded mozzarella cheese. »Potatoes with Minced Meat. Be the first to cook this. I wanted to share this eggplant tomato ground beef skillet recipe on the blog because it's the easiest way I've found to use up our Asian eggplants. I cook a lot of easy ground beef skillet recipes throughout the year.