Sweet Potato 🍠 Tater Tot Casserole. Loaded with ground turkey, homemade cheesy cream of mushroom soup, fresh veggies, and topped with sweet potato tots – you're going to love this recreation! With smoky paprika, chili powder, hot sauce, peppers, onions, garlic, black beans, and corn – and of course, the tater tots! – this is a super hearty, nourishing and flavorful cold or warm weather casserole. Add the onion, garlic, mushrooms, and peppers; saute until soft.
Place on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. The invention came from brothers Nephi and Golden Grigg who owned a potato processing plant in Oregon near the Idaho border. This version of the classic casserole using Tater Tots® has layers of potatoes, cheese, and ground beef for a savory, comfort-food classic. You can have Sweet Potato 🍠 Tater Tot Casserole using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato 🍠 Tater Tot Casserole
- Prepare 1 bag (20 ounce) of frozen sweet potato tater tots.
- You need of Canola oil cooking spray.
- It’s 1 box (6 ounce) of chicken flavored stuffing mix.
- It’s 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 1 package (8 ounce) of cream cheese, softened.
- It’s 1 can (10.5 ounce) of condensed cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 can (10.5 ounce) of condensed cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of sour cream.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
Evenly spread the casserole filling into your prepared baking dish. Lay the tater tots on the top of the casserole in a single layer. There may be a few tater tots left over. Tater tot casserole (or hotdish) is total comfort food.
Sweet Potato 🍠 Tater Tot Casserole step by step
- Lightly spray a large baking pan with canola oil cooking spray…….
- Sprinkle your dry stuffing mix onto the bottom of baking pan…….
- Place your sliced onion all over dry stuffing mix……
- In a large bowl mix together your softened cream cheese, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, black pepper, garlic powder and sour cream………
- Spread cream cheese mixture over dry stuffing mix…….
- Now pour over cream cheese mixture your bag of frozen sweet potato tater tots……
- Place your shredded cheddar cheese all over tater tots…….
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour, or until hot and bubbling…….
- Serve and enjoy 😉!.
Learn how to make this recipe with bacon, green beans, ground beef and even without soup! Once again, we loved all the sweet potato tots we tried. (Maybe the lesson here is that all tots are amazing?) Whole Foods' store brand was not too sweet and more dinner compatible than some others we tried, which is why it took the top spot. Gently pour the egg-milk mixture over all. They're crunchy on the outside, pillowy on the inside, and these nuggets of potato, better known as Tater Tots, are perfect for dipping and enjoying unadulterated. However, they are a versatile ingredient to use in a variety of different dishes, from breakfast entrées to sandwiches and even tatchos (a tater tot-based take on nachos).