Korean Potato Banchan Gamja Jorim. Korean potato, Gamja Jorim is such a popular and easy to make Korean side dish and it is definitely one of the most requested banchan recipe form you guys so here it is! If you want to check out my mom's other Korean side dish recipes, check out below! It's Korean style braised with soy sauce, it's savory and sweet.
It's a popular side dish at home and restaurants and for home-packed lunch boxes. Jorim refers to dishes made by simmering the main ingredient in a sauce until the sauce is reduced. This dish involves short braising in a slightly sweet, soy sauce-based sauce. korean potato side dish or Gamja Jorim plated as banchan. You can have Korean Potato Banchan Gamja Jorim using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Korean Potato Banchan Gamja Jorim
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 1 lb of baby potatoes, large ones cut into halves and small ones leave as whole.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 5 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of honey (reduce to 3 tbsp to your taste).
- It’s of sesame seeds for garnish.
Korean potato side dish…this is probably what most people will call it, I thought. Not many will remember Gamja Jorim but that's how it is called in Korean. Gamja means potatoes and this is a great simple Korean potato side dish that anyone, even YOU can cook at home. Gamja Jorim is a very popular Korean potato recipe.
Korean Potato Banchan Gamja Jorim instructions
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, add cooking oil and potatoes. Pan fry the potatoes about 4 to 5 minutes or until the potatoes’s edges are slightly light golden brown..
- Mix water and soy sauce. Pour soy sauce mixture into the potatoes and bring it to boil..
- Add honey into the potatoes and bring it to boil. Keep hard boil until most of the liquid is gone and thicken, 15 to 20 mins or until the potatoes are fully cooked. Stir occasionally so the potatoes will cook evenly and coated with the sauce evenly..
- Remove from heat and garnish with sesame seeds to your taste. You can serve immediately or keep it in a fridge for 3 to 4 days. It can be eaten cold, room temperature or hot. Enjoy!.
It is best described as diced potatoes that are braised in garlic soy-sauce. Skip to Recipe This dish is typically served as a banchan at Korean restaurants and very easy to make at home – a perfect beginner's recipe into the world of Korean banchan cooking. If you haven't tried any of our recipes yet, this is a good dish to start with! Korean potato side dish called "gamja jorim, 감자조림" would be one of the easiest side dish (banchan, 반찬) you can make. It is quick to make with only a few ingredients and tastes great.