Black chickpea with potatoes(kaale chana aloo). Today's recipe is going to be Kala Chana Aloo Sabzi. But before that let me explain how I came about the dish! Its really funny even if I say that myself.
The humble yet perfect harmony of Aloo and chana complemented by warm Indian curry spices is an absolute winner. Furthermore, the dynamic combo of Black Chickpeas and Potato is extremely nutritious. Recipe for Kala Chana Aur Aloo (Black Chickpeas With Potatoes) Recipe – Sort and clean the chickpeas and wash them under cold water. You can have Black chickpea with potatoes(kaale chana aloo) using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black chickpea with potatoes(kaale chana aloo)
- Prepare 1/2 kg of black chickpea soaked overnight.
- Prepare 3 of medium potatoes, 1 cup tamarind soaked in 1/2cup warm water.
- It’s 1 of onion sliced,1 tsp cumin seeds, few curry leaves,3 green chillies chopped.
- You need 1 of tbsn Kashmiri red chilli pwd, 1 tbsn turmeric and 1 tsp coriander pwd,2 tbsn oil and 1tbsn salt.
- Prepare of Garnish coriander leaves and few lemon slices.
- Prepare of Pls check the ROASTED MASALA I mentioned.
- Prepare of Below (its optional but give immense flavour).
Kala Chana Aloo Sabzi ~ Black Chickpea Potato Gravy! Today's recipe is going to be Kala Chana Aloo Sabzi. But before that let me explain how I came about the dish! Its really funny even if I say that myself.
Black chickpea with potatoes(kaale chana aloo) step by step
- Boil the black chickpea with whole potato(not peeled) with salt..when done drain the water,now remove the pulp of tamarind n strain its juice,now heat oil in a pan add the onion, cumin seeds, curry leaves and chillies…mix well.
- Now add the dry masala n mix well n saute 2 mins now add the tamarind pulp n mix well n saute till oil floats up..
- When oil floats up…now add salt mix then add the chickpeas and diced potatoes n now add 1 tsp of roasted masala.
- Roasted masala pic1(dry roast 7 Kashmiri red chilli,2 tbsn coriander seeds with 1 tbsn cumin seeds…when cool n grind..store in airtight container can be used for many Indian dishes)now add the coriander leaves mix well.now serve hot garnish with coriander leaves, lemon slice and a pinch of roasted masala…enjoy😋pls do try.
Black Chickpeas With Potato/ Aloo Kala Channa T his is a great recipe for a lunchbox, picnics or long travels. As the recipe doesn't use any onions and tomatoes so this sabzi can last longer in the summer weather and is best enjoyed with pooris , raita and pickle. Don't like potatoes in chaat, skip it. Like more tomatoes, add little extra. Don't like kala chana, use other beans like black beans.