Cheesy ham & potatoes. In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. In the drippings, saute onion and carrots until tender.
Arrange cheese slices over top of potato mixture; sprinkle with bacon. For a quicker version, use canned diced potatoes, canned carrots, frozen onions, and eliminate the celery. In large bowl, combine milk, soup and contents of seasoning packets from potatoes; blend well. You can have Cheesy ham & potatoes using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy ham & potatoes
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of sm yellow onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 packages of cooked ham steaks.
- It’s 3 tbs of AP flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 1/2 c of milk.
- It’s to taste of Kosher salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 bag of little potatoes (i used the littlepotatocompany).
- You need 1 cup (1/2 bag) of your fav shredded cheese.
- You need of Optional: crushed red pepper.
Add potatoes, ham and corn; mix well. Pour mixture into sprayed slow cooker. Pour boiling water over potato mixture; stir to mix. This cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham-layered casserole dish features buttery potatoes and sweet hickory ham baked in a double Jack and Cheddar cheese sauce.
Cheesy ham & potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 375. In med saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions & let cook, stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes. While that is cooking, chop ham into small pieces..
- Sprinkle flour & paprika & let cook, stirring occasionally. While whisking, add milk. Bring to a simmer & whisk until thick. Stir in ham, salt, pepper & Italian seasoning..
- Cut potatoes in half, spread across a 8×8 or 9×9 pan. Sprinkle salt & pepper over potatoes. Spoon sauce over potatoes. *Optional: sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes.*.
- Sprinkle cheese over top. Put aluminum foil over pan & let cook for 40 min (to really get potatoes soft). Then remove aluminum foil & let cook 25 minutes. Let cool..
It's a quick and easy recipe that's perfect this time of year as a holiday side dish, or delicious anytime as a cozy meal on a chilly night! In a saucepan, bring potatoes and water to a boil. In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Combine potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, ham, and water/broth in stockpot and bring to boil. Then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender.