Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice). Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice) Enjoy this delicious healthy Aloo (Potato) Poha. This poha is better known as batata poha, where batata means "potato" and poha means "flattened rice". Thus, this Aloo Poha is a dish made from flattened rice which is fried with potatoes, turmeric, onions, mustard seeds and some more ingredients.
Undoubtedly one of my favorite breakfast item. It may seem monotonous and tedious, but c'mon poha is a total family pleasing snack or breakfast. Aloo Poha is a dish made from flattened rice and potatoes. You can cook Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice) using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice)
- You need 2.5 cups of thick Puffed Rice.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s 2-3 of Potato.
- It’s 3 of Green chilli.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Raw mango shredded (optional).
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 3-4 tsp of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of Urrad dal.
- It’s 1 tsp of Channa dal.
- It’s 0.5 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need Leaves of Curry.
- It’s 3 of cashews.
- You need 10-15 of Peanuts.
- Prepare 0.5 tsp of Turmeric.
- Prepare 0.25 tsp of Hing.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of For topping:.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- You need of Sev (optional).
- It’s 0.25 tsp of Aamchur Powder (optional).
- It’s Pinch of chat masala powder(optional).
- It’s of Yogurt (side).
Its a quick and easy to make breakfast, and goes well with a hot cup of Coffee/Tea. Aloo Poha or Kanda Batata Poha is a delicious, simple and mildly spicy breakfast made from Poha (flattened rice flakes) along with Onion (Kanda) and Potato (Batata). Poha is extremely popular as a breakfast dish in Western Indian states of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Malwa region of Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and some parts of Rajasthan. Along with the main ingredient that is Poha or flattened rice, you will need potatoes, green peas, onions, tomato, peanuts, green chillies, curry leaves, mustard seeds, turmeric powder, salt, lemon juice, and sugar.
Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice) instructions
- Soak Poha in water adding a tsp of salt and sugar for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes drain the water..
- Now in a pan take oil + mustard seeds + Urrad dal + Channa dal + curry leaves + cumin seeds. Let it splutter..
- Now add turmeric + Hing + Peanuts + Ginger + chilli to the same pan and sauté for a awhile..
- Now add onion + raw mango and sauté for 5-10 minutes.
- Now add potato and keep it in simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt.
- Once it’s cooked, add rinsed Poha and sauté well. Add salt + sugar + lemon + coriander leaves. Keep it in low flame for 5 minutes..
- Now transfer delicious poha to a plate. You can add chopped tomatoes + carrot as topping. Also garnish by adding chaat masala + Aamchur powder + Sev and serve it with curd (yoghurt).
Poha – This makes the base of the dish. There are many varieties of pohe available in the market. Recipe for aloo poha or batata poha as its called. Makes for an amazing and easy breakfast. Made with thick poha, peanuts and potatoes.