Cream cheese potatoes. The Same Golden, Crispy Hash Browns You've Always Loved. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Beat in the cream cheese, sour cream, milk, garlic salt and chives until well blended.
Try exclusive recipes with step-by-step video instruction from Pro instructors. In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and season with salt. Mashed potatoes made with cream cheese, sour cream, and butter. You can have Cream cheese potatoes using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream cheese potatoes
- You need 5 Pounds of Russet Potatoes.
- You need 8 oz. of Cream cheese.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1/2-1 Cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of Pepper.
- You need of Chives for serving, Optional.
A favorite side dish that can be made ahead of time and reheated just before dinner. Place in a large stockpot; add water to cover. Add potatoes; beat until light and fluffy. If desired, top with additional melted butter.
Cream cheese potatoes step by step
- Wash and peel potatoes, then cut into 1 inch cubes. Place the potatoes into a large stockpot and cover with cold water. Bring the potatoes to a gentle boil and cook for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain the potatoes and return to the warm pot, or to a mixing bowl..
- Add the cream cheese, butter, milk, and seasonings to the potatoes. Mash slightly to break the large potatoes up. Beat the potatoes with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy..
- I start with 1/2 Cup of milk for this recipe and add more if needed for desired consistency. Use 1 Cup of milk or a little more if you like your potatoes a little more thin..
- Serve immediately garnished with chives if desired. Enjoy..
Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. In a bowl, combine milk, soup and sour cream. Combine potatoes with milk and soup mixture. This will help to prevent sticking while the dish. This potato casserole is a nice alternative to scalloped potatoes, potatoes gratin (dauphinoise), or plain boiled or mashed potatoes.