Potatoes & Onion (vegan). The potato is a root vegetable native to the Americas, a starchy tuber of the plant Solanum tuberosum, and the plant itself is a perennial in the nightshade family, Solanaceae. Wild potato species, originating in modern-day Peru, can be found throughout the Americas, from the United States to southern Chile. The potato was originally believed to have been domesticated by indigenous peoples of.
Potatoes might limit appetite so people can lose weight. A chemical in the potato peel might also prevent bacteria from attaching to cells. Potatoes are a source of vitamin C, iron, riboflavin. You can cook Potatoes & Onion (vegan) using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potatoes & Onion (vegan)
- You need 4 of medium sized potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of big onion.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
If there is a threat of frost at night, temporarily cover any sprouted. Potatoes are a staple in nearly every cultural cuisine, so they're uniquely suited to deliver today's most craved global flavors. Whether you're looking for a comforting classic or a new contemporary cuisine, with potatoes, the possibilities are endless. Potatoes are an incredibly versatile root vegetable consumed in a variety of dishes around the world.
Potatoes & Onion (vegan) step by step
- Cut the potato into cubes, fry and allow to get some colour.
- In a pot, add some oil and fry the sliced onion.
- Once the onion takes colour, add the garlic cloves (no smashing).
- Fry for a minute and add the potatoes to the mix.
- Add water to cover the mix, add the spices and the lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
While many people consider vegetables to be healthy, potatoes have managed to stir up some. The creamy cheese sauce and the tender potatoes in this classic French dish combine to make a deliciously addictive experience. It's a great side dish with a roast pork loin or beef tenderloin. Add a green salad and French bread, and you have found the magic path to a man's heart. Potatoes are underground tubers that grow on the roots of the potato plant, Solanum tuberosum.