Crockpot Sweet Potato 🍠 Black Bean Chilli. A crockpot is a perfect tool when you are trying to cook more nutritiously in your kitchen, and this Crockpot Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili Recipe is a winner! There are no difficult steps or confusing things to follow to make this chili. You just dump all of the ingredients in your crockpot in the morning and let it do the work.
Now add your crushed tomatoes, refried beans, black beans and chicken broth. Now add your sliced onions, green pepper and minced garlic, stir well. The tender sweet potatoes and hearty black beans make a delicious chili recipe that might just surprise you. You can have Crockpot Sweet Potato 🍠 Black Bean Chilli using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Sweet Potato 🍠 Black Bean Chilli
- Prepare 4-5 pounds of sweet potatoes (about 5 big sweet potatoes).
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- You need 1 can (28 ounce) of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can (16 ounce) of refried beans.
- It’s 2 cans (15.5 ounce) of black beans, undrained.
- You need 1 can (14.5 ounce) of chicken broth (low sodium).
- You need 2 of onions, sliced.
- You need 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need of Shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
If you are fans of traditional chili recipes like this Easy Crock Pot Chili Recipe, give this sweet potato and black bean chili a try for a new twist on chili. The flavor really is delicious and is so comforting and tasty. Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili. My Crock Pot Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili recipe is filled with hearty sweet potatoes, black beans and red bell pepper.
Crockpot Sweet Potato 🍠 Black Bean Chilli instructions
- Rinse and peel your sweet potatoes, then cut into chunks…..
- Place sweet potato chunks into large crockpot……..
- Add to sweet potatoes your black pepper, chilli powder and ground cumin……
- Now add your crushed tomatoes, refried beans, black beans and chicken broth……
- Now add your sliced onions, green pepper and minced garlic, stir well…..
- Cover and cook on Low heat for 8 hours, stirring occasionally……
- Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream and enjoy 😉!!!.
It not only has lots of color but lots of flavor. The biggest surprise with this soup is the Mexican/ Southwest inspired flavors. Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili. To add more body to the chili, I smashed some of the beans up right in the crockpot to fill it out some. Add the chipotles and adobo sauce, sweet potatoes, beans, tomatoes and lime juice.