Sweet potatoes bechamel. Sweet potatoes bechamel The only dessert you gonna crave, sweet potates and sugary bechamel! Recipe Link With Additional Information: The almighty humble potato makes a stunning dish called Potatoes Au Gratin, the French would call it a few. Italian Béchamel Sauce Potato Gratin combines French and Italian flavors in the most delicious, easy to Prepare the Potatoes: First, clean, peel and slice the potatoes.
Sweet potato in a creamy bechamel sauce is a quick delicious and creative recipe. 😋 This scalloped sweet potato casserole with bechamel sauce and candied walnuts is a little fancier than my usual stuff. In my defense (I was raised by attorneys, of course I have a defense), I made it for Thanksgiving last year and you can't hold back when it comes to that holiday. Nope, you gotta have all the bells and whistles because people have high expectations when it comes to this. You can cook Sweet potatoes bechamel using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet potatoes bechamel
- It’s 3 kg of sweet potatoes.
- It’s 4 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of wheat flour.
- It’s 1 litre of full cream milk.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of honey (optional).
Add a layer of Sweet potato slices(raw or roasted), sprinkle dried herbs of choice, salt, bechamel and lasagna sheets. Top with bechamel, bread crumbs or cheese. Arrange the ingredients in layers, as follows: béchamel, sweet potato, red sauce, and ricotta and Parmesan. Repeat this sequence at least three times, saving some cheese for the top.
Sweet potatoes bechamel step by step
- Steam the sweet potates or boil them (un skinned).
- Then under cold water skin the potatoes (or leave to cool then start pealing).
- In a large pyrex or oven pan mash the sweet potates (add 1 tbsp honey if your potatoes aren't sweet enough).
- Start making the bechamel, in a pot add 4 tbsp butter ovee high heat, then add flour and stir continuously till flour reddens.
- Add milk slowly and with a whisker whisk till completely incorporated and thick, then add more milk and repeat till you reach a thick yet kinda liquid consistency.
- Add 4 tbsp sugar and continue whisking (add more or less sugar to your taste), then pour over mashed potatoes.
- Pre heat oven and put it inside for 15 mins (add a pinch of brown sugar on top for a beautiful crust but that's an option).
Top with a layer of the sweet potato. Potatoes Au Gratin is a classic French dish consisting of a classic Bechamel sauce and cheesy goodness. The dish goes by names like; Pommes de Terre Dauphinoise, Potatoes à la Dauphinoise & Gratin de Pommes à la Dauphinoise. In the post, you'll learn how to make a real traditional Bechamel sauce. How-To Videos included Start with a very thin layer of Bechamel, then sweet potato, then Bolognese sauce, then a bit of Swiss cheese, then sweet potato again, then Bechamel sauce, the sweet potato again and repeat twice or three times depending on how large your dish is.