Aubergine with potato & lentils (Aalu Baigan dal) #mommasrecipe. Peel and cut the potatoes in cubes. When the mustard seeds start popping, add potatoes, mix it well, so that potatoes are covered in spice. Aubergine and potato oven bake is an attractive, delicious dish that everyone enjoys: it's a recipe which lends itself to variations, according to taste.
If you wait until it cools slightly, the result will be. Pour over the aubergine slices and mix well. Cook onions in oil or butter, till soft and stir in tomatoes and seasoning. You can cook Aubergine with potato & lentils (Aalu Baigan dal) #mommasrecipe using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Aubergine with potato & lentils (Aalu Baigan dal) #mommasrecipe
- You need 2 of medium size aubergine, 1 medium size potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 of tomato and 3 chillies chopped, 1 onion sliced,1 tbsn Kashmiri.
- Prepare of Powder,1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp coriander powder,2 cloves,3 black pepper.
- You need of And salt this is for aubergine.
- It’s of Lentils:1 1/2 cup red lentils, 2 to 3 cups water,2 green.
- You need of Chillies chopped, 1 tomato chopped, 1tbsn Kashmiri red chilli.
- It’s 1 of tbsn turmeric,1 cube maggi and 1 tsp salt.
- You need of TEMPERING the lentils.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, few curry leaves,1 tbsn cumin seeds and 1 tbsn.
- You need of Mustard seeds.
- You need 3 of tbsn oil for the TEMPERING,3 tbsn oil for aubergine veggie.
Start with half the potatoes, then half the aubergine, onions and tomatoes. Sprinkle the thyme, lemon zest, goat's cheese, olives and seasoning, along with little drizzles of olive oil on the layers as you go. Add another layer of aubergine, onions and tomatoes, again adding the other ingredients as you go. Add the aubergines to the pan with the methi and another good splash of water.
Aubergine with potato & lentils (Aalu Baigan dal) #mommasrecipe instructions
- First cut all the vegetables.now heat 3 tbsn oil add the onions, pepper and clove.mix for few minutes. Now add the tomatoes with turmeric, ginger,garlic paste,red chilli powder coriander powder and salt and mix well cook for 3 min,oil floats up add vegetables mix and close the lid.
- When it's cook,cook on high flame for 5 mins.until all it's water dries up.ur veggie is ready.
- Now wash the lentils, add the 1 chopped tomato,2 chopped chillies,red chilli powder,turmeric powder wit 2 cup of water and cook till done.now add one maggi cube,1 tsp salt mix and boil 2 mins and add 1/2 cup coriander leaves.ur lentils/dal ready (add little water if u want watery).
- Now for TEMPERING lentils,heat a pan with 3 tbsn oil(acc to u)now add all the above ingredients for TEMPERING as in pic 1.now as garlic turn little brown.now serve all hot with rice and popadum. enjoy😊 #newyoutuber #cookpad.
This Potato and Eggplant Bake would go perfectly with our Pecan and Mushroom Wellington recipe, and then perhaps some Nutmeg Spiced Cookies afterwards with a cup of Golden Turmeric Milk. Mmmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about this decadent Christmas feast! Please share this recipe with your friends, and if you make it, please let us know! Moussaka with potatoes is a terrific choice both for those who don't care for the well-known version with eggplant, and also when eggplant is not in season. Like all moussaka dishes, this is a layered dish of sliced potatoes, a meat sauce, cheese, and a creamy béchamel sauce.