Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes【Recipe Video】. Transfer the sweet potato flesh onto the mash sieve and strain it by pressing with a spoon or spatula. Drain thoroughly, then return to the pan while still hot and mash quickly till smooth. Scoop about a tablespoon of the sweet potato mixture into the center of the dough and bring the edges to the center and smooth together.
Bake time will depend on how large are your sweet potatoes. If you get smaller ones, you can significantly decrease cooking time. Cover the lid with a kitchen towel to prevent condensation (please don't skip! You can cook Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes【Recipe Video】 using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes【Recipe Video】
- Prepare 1 of large sweet potato, 470 g (16 oz).
- Prepare 50 g of (1.76 oz, 1/4 cup) granulated sugar.
- Prepare 30 g of (1oz, 1/7 cup) unsalted butter.
- Prepare 10 g (1/2 Tbsp) of honey.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 50 g of (1.8 oz, 1/5 cup) heavy cream.
- You need 5 drops of vanilla oil.
- You need of ■For brushing on the cake.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of rum.
- It’s of honey.
- You need of ※1cup=235cc(USA).
Cover the pan with the lid and slowly bring water to a boil. Crispy and flaky, with a smooth, silky filling, Japanese Sweet Potato Pie is my all-time favorite Japanese pastry. Best enjoyed with a cup of coffee or black tea, this sweet potato pie is light, but rich, making it the perfect afternoon indulgence. These potato cakes are oven baked with melting soft buttery insides and a slightly crispy outside.
Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes【Recipe Video】 step by step
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/flYdb3k2sgQ.
- Wrap a sweet potato with a sheet of aluminum foil. Bake it at 190℃ / 374 F for 60-70 mins (no need to preheat). Bake it until soft enough to insert a skewer smoothly..
- Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. (net weight; about 380g / 13.4 oz).
- Transfer the sweet potato flesh onto the mash sieve and strain it by pressing with a spoon or spatula. Preheat an oven to 200℃ / 392 F..
- Add granulated sugar, unsalted butter, honey, egg yolk, and vanilla oil in order, mix well each time until combined..
- Add heavy cream in 3-4 parts and mix well each time until combined..
- Divide it into 9 equal and use your hand to form each like sweet potato shape. Put them on a baking tray. (Depending on the water content of the sweet potato, the batter may be too soft for you to shape by hand. In that case, use a spatula or a spoon to put the batter on a baking tray and bake as it is.).
- Put egg yolk and 1/2 tsp rum in a small bowl. Mix well until combined. Brush the surface of 9 pieces with the egg mixture..
- Bake it at 200℃/ 392 F for 15-20 mins or until golden brown. Brush freshly baked cakes with honey (optional). It's all done!.
Great as a side dish for chicken, meat or simply enjoy them on their own with a salad. Enjoy my oven baked mashed potato cakes. The flesh of the sweet potato is mildly sweet and the texture is very soft and smooth, just perfect for making these petite mooncakes. An Easy, No Bake Mooncake Recipe As no baking is required for these Purple Sweet Potato Mooncakes, this recipe is great for those who don't have an oven or no-bake treats too. Golden sweet potatoes take the place of ordinary Idaho spuds in Bobby's lighter potato salad.