Hamburger Gravy & Mashed Potatoes. Forget the flour and the fat. Brown the meat with one medium chopped onion and then drain the fat off. Stir in flour, bouillon and steak sauce.
In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, bouillon, salt and pepper. In a skillet, brown ground beef with onion until beef is fully cooked. You can have Hamburger Gravy & Mashed Potatoes using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hamburger Gravy & Mashed Potatoes
- You need 1 lb of ground meat.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 can of chicken broth.
- You need Half of a box of instant mashed potatoes or make your own.
- It’s 1 of small yellow onion.
- Prepare 2 of small green onion.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of parsley.
- Prepare 1 of small can sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare of Butter.
- You need of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Old fashioned hamburger gravy is a classic recipe that's tasty, versatile and so satisfying! Crumbled ground beef in a thick and creamy gravy made from milk and broth.
Hamburger Gravy & Mashed Potatoes step by step
- Brown your ground meat with the green and yellow onion. Drain grease. Return to pan and add in soup and broth. Simmer over medium heat for 20 mins..
- Next add butter, mushrooms, parsley, salt, & pepper. Mix well, then fold in 2-3 tablespoons of sour cream..
- Continue to simmer while preparing the mashed potatoes. When ready, add potatoes to bowl and top with meat sauce! Serve & Enjoy!.
This is the perfect topping for turning any starch side dish into a mouth-watering entrée. Simple Steps to Making Creamed Hamburger Gravy. Grab your cast iron or favorite skillet. TIP: If you are not using lean ground beef, only season with salt. Then drain the beef and then add in the other seasoning.