Ham and Cheese Potato Soup. Browse Our Collection Of Simple Potato Soup Recipes and Prepare Yummy Meals! Ham, Potato, and Cheese Soup Ham, Potato, and Cheese Soup. In a saucepan, bring potatoes and water to a boil.
Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt (if using), and pepper. A quick and easy classic loaded with veggies, chicken broth, half and half, potatoes, leftover ham, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and swiss cheese! Add the shredded cheese and ham cubes to the soup and stir until the cheese is completely melted and the ham is heated through. You can have Ham and Cheese Potato Soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ham and Cheese Potato Soup
- Prepare 4 of baking potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need 1 of small onion, diced.
- You need 2 stalks of celery, diced small.
- It’s 6 of baby carrots, diced small.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of deli ham, diced small.
- You need 1 quart of chicken broth, I used my own homemade because I have it. Boxed is fine.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of cheese of choice.
- It’s 2 cups of half and half.
- It’s of Green onions, sliced optional.
- You need of Salt pepper onion and garlic powders.
Now it is time to add the milk to the potatoes. And to finish off this delicious Cheesy Potato and Ham Soup – stir in the cheese and cooked ham cubes. Ham and Cheese Potato Soup This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission.
Ham and Cheese Potato Soup instructions
- Sauté your onions, celery, and carrots in a little olive oil. Add seasonings. Add the ham. Pour in the broth and add the potatoes..
- Cook til potatoes are tender. Lower heat and add half and half. I mash my potatoes with a potato masher but leave it chunky. Stir in cheese and cook on low until it all melts and melds. Spoon it up and garnish with green onions. We have crusty bread and butter and sliced sharp cheddar slices on the side..
Please see my full disclosure policy for details. With potatoes, ham, cheese, scallions, and yummy spices, this soup is FULL of flavor! We tend to have leftover ham after holidays like Christmas and Easter, which is perfect for using in this soup! We also use leftovers for ham and bean soup, or cheesy ham chowder. I made a ham, and a friend was telling me about a potato ham soup her mom makes with leftover ham, but with Velveeta.