Mixed potatoes in Duck Fat. They would parboil the potatoes and then finish them in a hot skillet with duck fat a la minute for the duck dish of the season. Peel the marble potatoes and place them in a pot of water. Slice some of the potatoes thin and some thick..
And it's a pure, clean flavour that's unlike cooking with other animal fats. Placed potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Add a few tablespoons of salt and a splash of vinegar. You can cook Mixed potatoes in Duck Fat using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mixed potatoes in Duck Fat
- Prepare 1/2 cup of duck fat.
- You need 1-1/2 pound of potatoes red and Yukon gold potatoes.
- It’s To taste of salt.
Drain and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Spoon duck fat over potatoes and toss to coat evenly. The duck fat and garlic would taste absolutely delicious when mixed in with a grilled steak. Throw in some roasted asparagus or wild greens, and you have yourself a delicious meal.
Mixed potatoes in Duck Fat instructions
- Slice some of the potatoes thin and some thick..
- Heat the fat, fry the thin first..
- Move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Now fry the thicker German style potatoes..
- Fry turning as needed as to not let it burn. Then when done move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil and salt. Serve immediately. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper A few sprigs of fresh rosemary and/or fresh thyme. This easy duck fat potato recipe is perfect for special dinners. Smashing the spuds adds more surface area to form a golden crust and potatoes cooked in duck fat aren't at all greasy! On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together the potatoes, duck fat, salt and pepper. Lay thyme sprigs and bay leaves on top.