Garlic Parmesan Hasselback Potatoes. In a small bowl, mash butter with garlic and oregano; season generously with salt and pepper. Using a vegetable peeler, shave Parmesan; slide between about half the potato slices. Brush some garlic-herb butter on top of the potatoes.
If you love a good potato side dish, this is for you! If you know me, you know I love my potatoes. These Hasselback potatoes with Parmesan and roasted garlic take a potato side dish to a whole new level of yum! You can have Garlic Parmesan Hasselback Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Garlic Parmesan Hasselback Potatoes
- It’s 6 of small-medium potatoes.
- You need 1 half of red onion.
- It’s 6 of pats of butter.
- You need of Parsley.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare of Seasoning Salt.
- It’s of Grated Parmesan.
Not only are they easy to prep, but super adaptable, too. The recipe calls for lots of roasted garlic and Parmesan cheese, but feel free to season the potatoes up with your favorite spices and herb blends. Seasoning suggestions The fanned Hasselback potatoes were picture perfect and had a great flavor from the nutty Parmesan and softened garlic. There are so many different flavors you could stuff in those little slits.
Garlic Parmesan Hasselback Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°. Slice red onion julienne style, mince garlic, and finely chop parsley..
- Next, Wash potatoes and place them each onto their own piece of foil. (about 6×6 inches or enough to wrap the whole potato when finished) Then, slice each potato hasselback style, not quite all the way through..
- Finally, using 1 pat of butter for each potato, push the butter, bit by bit in between each slice in the potatoes. After that push a piece of onion in between each slice also. This will hold them open a bit to add your herbs and spices. Then, season to taste with salt, pepper, and seasoning salt. Add the minced garlic and chopped parsley evenly to each potato as well..
- Finally, top each potato with a shake or two of grated parmesan. Wrap tightly in foil. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender..
- Serve with Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, or even as a Snack! Enjoy with a dollop of sour cream or your favorite potato toppings!.
It's almost certain that Hasselbacks, once completely absent from my life, will now be a new potato standard on my grill. Here is a little tip, you can drizzle some parmesan cheese on the potatoes before putting them in the oven! How to make these Garlic Butter Hasselback Potatoes: Make sure you wash the potatoes really well when preparing to make these easy baked Hasselback Potatoes because you won't be peeling these babies. Use a sharp knife to thinly slice them. Carefully spoon each slit of the potatoes with the mixture; Rub potatoes with remaining oil.