Potato and Leek Soup. Get Access To Daily Recipes, Tips, Product Recommendations & So Much More! There is nothing better on a chilly, damp day than a steaming bowl of potato leek soup; and conversely, few things are as delicious and refreshing on a hot, sweaty day than a bowl of ice cold vichyssoise. Potato leek soup, or potage parmentier, is a French classic.
Put the chicken stock, potatoes, leeks, celery, bay leaf and thyme in a large pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper. What to Serve with Potato Leek Soup. Think of this potato soup as you would a potato side, but in liquid form. You can cook Potato and Leek Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato and Leek Soup
- Prepare 1 quart of chicken broth.
- You need 2/3 pound of smoked bacon.
- You need 3 cups of chopped savory cabbage.
- It’s 6 of medium sized potatoes.
- You need 2 of large carrots.
- It’s 1 of leek.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of parsley flakes.
- You need 1 leaf of bay leaf.
- You need 2/3 cup of sour cream.
You don't really need any more starch to round out the meal, but it is hard to resist dipping a slice of crusty bread in this soup. Serve the soup as the starter to a steak dinner (steak and potatoes, right?), or roasted chicken. The soup freezes exceptionally well: Transfer the blended potato and leek soup (without the cream) to an airtight container in the freezer. When you're ready to eat it, defrost it in the microwave or on the stove, then stir in the cream and garnish with leeks.
Potato and Leek Soup instructions
- Chop the cabbage, peel the carrots, and fry the bacon. Wash and dice the potatoes..
- Cut the the carrots. Dice the onion. Wash the leek very well. Then slice..
- Add the butter and melt in the pot add all but the sour cream to the melted butter. Crumble the bacon and add. Simmer on low till all the vegetables are tender. About an hour covered..
- Take two cups of broth from the soup. Add the sour cream to the broth you took out and whisk till mixed well..
- Pour mixture back into the soup and incorporate well cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!!.
Potato Leek Soup Recipes Winter Leek and Potato Soup Winter Leek and Potato Soup. Potato and leek soup was what French chef Louis Diat cooked one cold summer morning at the Ritz in New York City, more than a century ago. The soup was left in the fridge all day, then spun. Potato and leek soup is a classic, typically made with just potatoes, leeks, chicken broth and heavy cream. This Americanized soup is a version of a French dish called Vichyssoise, made with the.