Noom Friendly Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins. Great recipe for Noom Friendly Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins. In my quest to find health foods that my kids will eat, I came up with this recipe for sweet potato muffins; I was inspired by vegetable cakes that I saw on an episode of the Great British Baking Show. Here is how you achieve that.
Wash the potato and prick it several times with a fork. The sweet potato should be soft; test with a fork. In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. You can cook Noom Friendly Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Noom Friendly Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins
- You need 1 of sweet potato.
- You need 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- It’s 1/4 cup of apple sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- You need 2 of eggs lightly beaten.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 container of (5-6oz) Greek vanilla yogurt.
Can you freeze sweet potato muffins. Roast the sweet potatoes ahead of time. While this is a super quick recipe, roasting the sweet potatoes is the most time consuming part. Then allow it to cool so it's easier to handle.
Noom Friendly Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins step by step
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Wash the potato and prick it several times with a fork. Bake for 40 minutes on a baking sheet..
- The sweet potato should be soft; test with a fork. Peel and mash it..
- Set the oven to 350F..
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients..
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix completely.
- Grease 16 muffins cups or use paper liners. I tend to use liners. It is just easier..
- Spoon out the batter evenly amongst the cups..
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Once completely cooled, you can easily decorate these muffins. Here I've used some marshmallow fondant to make little froggies..
This is great to do when you have other food in the oven. Beat sweet potatoes, milk and egg until smooth; add butter. Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt. Stir into sweet potato mixture just until blended. Divide batter evenly among paper-lined or greased muffin tins.