Black Bean Stuffed Potato Skins. Great recipe for Black Bean Stuffed Potato Skins. This makes a nice, meatless meal option. Most of the time spent making it is hands off while the potatoes bake up.
Slice the potatoes in half, length wise, and rub olive oil over the halves. Season the skin side with salt and pepper and lay them skin side down on a parchment lined baking tray. These loaded potato skins are great appetizers for just about any occasion. You can have Black Bean Stuffed Potato Skins using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Black Bean Stuffed Potato Skins
- It’s 4 of russet potatoes, scrubbed well and dried.
- It’s as needed of olive oil.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1/4 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 cup of frozen corn.
- It’s 1/4 cup of salsa of choice.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of chili powder.
- Prepare of juice from 1/2 lime.
- Prepare of shredded Colby jack cheese.
When you make these easy stuffed potato skins, be sure to whip up the special dipping sauce! Loaded Potato Skins Recipe with Black Bean and Guacamole Recipe. Spray potato skins with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with additional salt. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary to suit your preferences.
Black Bean Stuffed Potato Skins step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Slice the potatoes in half, length wise, and rub olive oil over the halves. Season the skin side with salt and pepper and lay them skin side down on a parchment lined baking tray. Bake for 40 or so minutes, flipping the potatoes every 10 minutes to keep them baking evenly and to prevent burning, until the potatoes are tender. Once they're done, remove them from the oven and start the filling while they cool slightly..
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the pepper and onion and cook until they have begun to soften, about 5 or so minutes. Then stir in the garlic, black beans, corn and seasonings. Stir and cook another couple of minutes until fragrant, then stir in the salsa. Remove from the heat and set it aside..
- Your potatoes should have cooled enough to handle by now. Use a spoon to hollow out the insides of each half, but leave enough potato on the bottom and around the sides to make sure the skins are still sturdy. Spoon the black bean filling into each potato half and top with some shredded cheese. Return them to the oven for 5-10 minutes, until the filling is nice and hot and the cheese has melted. Then that's it!.
I seem to be on a bit of a Mexican kick lately – burrito bowls, chilli mac, now these Mexican black bean stuffed potatoes… I just love it all! It's hard to go wrong with beans, cheese, veggies and a bit of spice. This time I used my favourite Mexican-inspired flavours to stuff a humble spud. Scoop the Black Bean & Corn filling into the potato skins and season with more salt and squeezes of lime (the potatoes really benefit from generous amounts of seasoning). Top with the Sun Cheese and Coconut Bacon.