Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup. This Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup was super creamy and satisfying, without being overly heavy like creamy potato soups can sometimes be. It was the perfect weight for this transitional is-it-fall-or-is-it-summer weather! Substitutions: Place cauliflower, potatoes, and onions in a large pot.
Next, add chicken broth, one scant teaspoon or capful of liquid smoke, thyme, onion powder, dried minced onions, salt, and white pepper. This delicious soup is rich and hearty, with loads of cauliflower, potatoes, and sharp Cheddar cheese. A little nutmeg and cayenne pepper help to season the soup. You can cook Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup
- It’s 1 of yellow onion.
- You need 1 Tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 head of cauliflower.
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of russet potatoes.
- You need 4 cups of vegtable roth.
- You need 12 oz of evaporated milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Fresh cracked pepper.
- It’s 8 oz of shedded medium cheddar cheese.
- It’s 3 of green onions.
Garnish this flavorful soup with a drizzling of extra virgin olive oil or, better yet, chili or garlic infused olive oil. Add potato and cauliflower and toss through. Blend half the soup in a blender or with a hand held blitzer. Mash with a potato masher the other half of the soup.
Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup step by step
- Dice onion and add to soup pot along with minced garlic and olive oil. Saute until the onion is soft.
- Peel and dice the potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Add the cubed potatoes and cauliflower florets to the pot along with vegetable broth. Place a lid on top, turn tge heat to high and bring pot to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes and cauliflower are extremely soft.
- Add evaporated milk to soup. Use immersion blender to puree mixture..
- Once soup is pureed, season with smoked paprika, salt and fresh cracked pepper (10-15 cranks).
- Heat soup to add cheese, one handful at a time until fully melted..
- Serve with sliced green onions for an added pop of flavor..
Add the blended half of the soup back with the mashed soup. Return to heat and add the cheese. Gently add potatoes, cauliflower, and rosemary. Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Remove the pot from the heat and do not drain off the liquid!