Potato and Chicken Casserole. Use Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook Simple and Delectable Meal Plans. The Golden, Crispy Hash Browns Your Whole Family Is Sure To Love. With a trio of canned goods from your pantry (soup, corn, and chicken), some potatoes, and a few dairy products, this chicken and potato casserole is an easy choice for dinner.
I then added the layer of cooked potatoes, then the chicken (oh– and I added sauteed chopped bell pepper and onion to that cooked chicken), then the crumbled bacon and cheese, and the green onion. Slice the potatoes into rounds and place in the bottom of the casserole. Season with onion salt to taste. You can have Potato and Chicken Casserole using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato and Chicken Casserole
- Prepare 5 pounds of russet potatoes.
- You need 1 of small onion, diced.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 cups of diced chicken, cooked.
- Prepare 2-3 of smoked sausage links, diced.
- It’s 16 oz of bag frozen mixed vegetables.
- It’s 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 1 can of cream of celery soup.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 2 cups of milk or chicken broth.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of shredded cheese.
- You need of French fried onions or crushed ritz crackers.
Slice the chicken into strips and evenly distribute them over the potatoes in the dish. Combine the mushroom soup and water. Spoon evenly over the chicken and potatoes. Chicken and potatoes are two amazing ingredients for casserole.
Potato and Chicken Casserole instructions
- Sauté the diced onion with butter in a large skillet or pot..
- Add the veggies and cook until thawed..
- Add in the cheese and stir until melted. Now add soups and milk or broth, seasonings, and diced chicken and sausage..
- Continue to cook over low heat while you prepare the potatoes and preheat the oven..
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray..
- Peel potatoes and slice in thin rounds..
- Layer the potatoes evenly over the bottom of the pan..
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper..
- Layer the meat and vegetable gravy evenly over the potatoes..
- Cook for 1 hour, uncovered..
- Check to see if the potatoes are cooked through by testing with a fork..
- Add cheese evenly over the top. Then sprinkle with French fried onions or a tube of lightly crushed buttery crackers..
- Cook for 10 minutes more..
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving..
This easy chicken casserole with potato bake is a smash hit because it's so creamy, cheesy and delicious. The leftover is perfect as lunch box the next day and it's great for meal plan. Tips Make Ahead Freezer Meal: Omit or reserve bacon and chives as optional toppings. Assemble as directed (including topping with the cheese), wrap tightly (add a layer of parchment on top under the foil so the cheese won't stick) and freeze. Once potatoes are baked, add chicken and veggies to the baking dish.