Hot dogs with baked potato buns. Put a good pat of butter on each potato half and season. Press one hot dog into each half. On top of that, sprinkle the onion.
Pastrami Hot Dogs Kosher All-Beef Jumbo hot dogs steam cooked, tossed in a pota. Hot dogs in buns are topped with HORMEL® Chili with Beans and shredded Cheddar cheese then baked until piping hot. Replacing the buns in hot dogs for baked potatoes! You can have Hot dogs with baked potato buns using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hot dogs with baked potato buns
- Prepare 2 of large baking potatoes, washed, pricked and nuked til done.
- You need 4 of hot dogs, I like the uncured beef.
- It’s of Shredded cheese of choice, lots of it.
- Prepare of Bacon bits, I chopped up some I had leftover.
- It’s 1/2 of an Onion diced small.
- It’s of Butter.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Sour cream.
Start off by baking your potatoes, wash the baking potatoes and prick a few holes in with a fork, then cover in olive oil and sprinkle with some decent flaky salt. The steam that builds up helps to cook the potatoes. Baked beans are the perfect side for hot dogs, and this recipe loads them up with ground beef and bacon for a true meat-lovers meal. "This is a good dish for summer BBQs. We served it with grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and there wasn't a bit left over," says reviewer Kelley James Magestro.
Hot dogs with baked potato buns step by step
- Cut your cooked potatoes lengthwise in half. Lay cut side down and spray with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Flip back over and fluff a little with a fork. Lay the halves cut side up in your air fryer, or if you don’t have that, on a sheet pan. Be sure if you’re using your oven to preheat to 400..
- Put a good pat of butter on each potato half and season. Press one hot dog into each half. On top of that, sprinkle the onion. And on that load on the cheese. Sprinkle with bacon and cook on about 325 for 10-12 minutes.if you’re using your oven, cook til melty and golden..
- Top with sour cream and green onions if you like..
Fill the buns with hot dogs and your favorite toppings. Place one hot dog in each hot dog bun. Add toppings like mustard, cheese, onions, chili, and relish. Sprinkle the toppings directly on the hot dogs in the buns. For a new twist on an old favorite, try these skewered hot dogs wrapped with breadstick dough and baked.