Hot Sausage & Potato Soup. You'll love the quality taste of Johnsonville Sausages with your next meal. Browse Products & Get Recipes Ideas That Are Quick & Easy. Well, what can I say but awesome hot Italian sausage.
I used your recipe and this hot sausage with peppers and onions has been my dinner and lunch the last couple of days. I used mild sausage, in place of hot sausage, and it turned out just the same. I also pretty much made my own tomato sauce, while cooking the vegetables, since I was out of store-bought sauce. You can cook Hot Sausage & Potato Soup using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hot Sausage & Potato Soup
- You need 1 lb of Hot Sausage.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion (diced).
- Prepare 5 of russet potatoes (pennies).
- You need 2 of large cloves garlic (grated).
- Prepare 48 oz of low-sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 bunch of kale (1 inch chopped).
- It’s Dash of salt.
- Prepare Dash of ground thyme.
Hot Italian is my preference — either ground sausage sold in bulk or as links — but really, no matter the variety, sausage is a true dinner miracle. It's so packed with seasoning that you hardly need to do much to turn it into a meal. Herbed Italian sausage and lentils is an easy and filling stew that's a unique way to highlight the anise and fennel flavors often present in the sausage. You can adjust the spice profile by choosing different.
Hot Sausage & Potato Soup step by step
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Brown sausage, then add chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Add potatoes and kale and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 8oz heavy cream, 1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp salt and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot! (Preferably with bread 😉).
Cooked sausages are made fresh and then cooked. They may also be smoked and eaten hot or cold. Examples of cooked sausages include hot dogs, liver sausage, kielbasa, and mortadella. Fresh sausages are made out of meats that haven't been cured previously. Before eating, they must be cooked.