Kefta Batata (Beef Kefta with Potatoes). Kefta Batata (Beef Kefta with Potatoes) This Lebanese dish is perfect for family gathering or party. Place the potatoes over the kafta patties, and top these with the tomato slices; p our the tomato juice over the dish, sprinkle the spices and pomegranate molasses or lemon juice. Place the potato slices as a layer on top of the Kafta, then place the tomato slices as a layer on top of the potatoes.
Combine the ground beef with half of the minced garlic and a tablespoon of chopped onion. Mix with your hands until fully incorporated. The meat can be topped with sliced potatoes, sliced tomatoes or a combination of both. You can have Kefta Batata (Beef Kefta with Potatoes) using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kefta Batata (Beef Kefta with Potatoes)
- Prepare 1 kg of mince beef meat.
- You need 1 bunch of parsley (chopped).
- You need 1 of brown onion (chopped).
- It’s 2 of kgs potato.
- Prepare 1 of red capsicum.
- Prepare 1 of green capsicum.
- You need 1 of yellow capsicum.
- You need 3 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pomegranate molasses.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 cups of water.
I like mine plain or with some potatoes but the choice is really yours. You can serve this kofta bi tahini with some rice, you can stuff it into a sandwich and drizzle it with more tahini sauce or you can serve it with pita bread and enjoy dipping the bread. Top tips to make beef kafta. Making kafta is like making meatballs which requires some moisture to help it bind and stay juicy.
Kefta Batata (Beef Kefta with Potatoes) step by step
- Mix mince beef with chopped parsley, 1 tsp salt, and brown onion in a bowl, mix them together..
- Shape the mixture with your hand,.
- Pre-heat a sauce pan, cook the shaped kefta meat into them until they are cooked well, place them in a tray, put aside..
- Peel potatoes and cut them up long thinck shape, deep fry them until they are cooked well, place them on top of the kefta meat..
- Cut up tomatoes and capsicums round shape, and place them on top of potatoes..
- Mix pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, tomato sauce, 1 tsp of salt together in a bowl, add 2 cups of water, mix them well..
- Pour the pomegranate mixture into a kefta tray, and bake it for 20-30 mins in 200°C heat..
- Kefta with potatoes is ready to serve..
The fat provides that much-needed moisture since we're not using eggs. Pulse the beef only with the onions and parsley. You and your guests can make pita sandwiches with these elements for an informal meal. Other side dishes you may see include chickpea salad, tabbouleh, spiced carrots, or couscous. Kefta is the Moroccan Arabic term for ground meat or minced meat, with or without classic Moroccan seasoning that includes at a minimum paprika, cumin, onion and fresh herbs.