Smashedcheeseburger and German Fried Potatoes. Add the onion and potatoes to a skillet with the tablespoon of peanut oil. Coat all the potatoes and onions. Return to oven to crisp the ground beef.
The potatoes are a German technique for a dish called bratkartoffeln, also known as German fried potatoes. If you live in the American South in areas where German immigrants settled, you may have heard of it already—and if you're lucky, reveled in its comforting, crispy delights. These German Fried Potatoes Are Dangerously Tasty! You can have Smashedcheeseburger and German Fried Potatoes using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smashedcheeseburger and German Fried Potatoes
- It’s of Smashedcheeseburger.
- Prepare 1-1/3 pounds of ground beef.
- Prepare 4 of hamburger buns.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise divided.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of yellow prepared mustard divided.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of HP sauce or your favorite steak sauce.
- It’s 9 slices of swiss cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely minced onion.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- You need To taste of ground black pepper.
- It’s of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1-1/3 pounds of potatoes.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Prepare To taste of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
If you are looking for a great side dish and are in search of something that's hearty and fried, then have we got the recipe for you: German fried potatoes! These delicious little golden discs are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside – which basically makes them perfect for anyone. Cook potatoes in their jackets, until done. Cut into thin slices while still warm.
Smashedcheeseburger and German Fried Potatoes instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Take a baking sheet spray with nonstick spray. Mash the ground beef flat on the pan. Mince the onion. Cover the ground beef with the onions..
- Add salt and pepper onto the top of the ground beef and onions, put into the oven. Peel wash and slice the potatoes thin. Dice the onions..
- Add the onion and potatoes to a skillet with the tablespoon of peanut oil. Coat all the potatoes and onions. When the beef has baked in the oven 15 minutes drain the beef drippings in the skillet with the potatoes and onions. Return to oven to crisp the ground beef. Cover and stir the potatoes, occasionally for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes add the broth to the potatoes cover and cook till the liquids are absorbed. Add the cheese to the ground beef turn on the broiler..
- Add parsley and stir. Broil the beef till the cheese melts. Add mayonnaise, mustard, and HP sauce to the buns..
- Slice the tomatoes add two patties of beef to the hamburger buns. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Add the top to the burger serve with the potatoes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.
In a non-stick skillet, add a mixture of canola oil and olive oil- just enough to coat the bottom of pan. Heat oil and add potato slices, garlic, and onion. Add the ground meat and begin to brown. After the meat has browned slightly, push the meat and onions to the side of the pan and add the remaining oil and let heat. When oil is hot, add the potatoes and garlic.