Beans Ham and Potatoes Christmas 2019. Here is how you cook that. Here is how you cook that. Now add cut ham pieces potatoes and green beans to the broth in a large pot and gently boil until beans & potatoes are tender.
If you like the texture of green beans more on the soft side than tender crisp, cook the green beans for a few minutes before adding potatoes. This recipe is great side for a special occasion or holiday meal. It's also perfect for a weeknight one pot meal. You can have Beans Ham and Potatoes Christmas 2019 using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beans Ham and Potatoes Christmas 2019
- It’s 1 pound of white new potatoes.
- It’s 1 pound of red new potatoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- You need 1/3 pound of smoked ham.
- It’s 1-1/3 pound of green beans.
- It’s 1-1/3 pound of pole beans.
- You need 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 pint of chicken broth.
To keep the Southern cooking going, definitely make my Creamy Shrimp and Grits or BBQ Chicken Sliders!. The delicious combination of ham and beans has been around for centuries. An Adelaide nursing home concedes a meal consisting of baked beans and mashed potato served to aged care residents on Christmas day was short of expectations, after a South Australian MP shared a. Place ham steak, potatoes, green beans, onion, and butter in a large pot with just enough water to cover.
Beans Ham and Potatoes Christmas 2019 instructions
- Wash the vegetables. Break the stem ends off the beans. Pull the strings if necessary. Break/ snap the beans into pieces. Cut the potatoes into eighths..
- Dice the onion and ham. Sweat the onions with the ham..
- Now add seasoned salt. Add the beans and potatoes. Stir mixing everything together..
- Add chicken broth, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil covered. Let it steam/boil the vegetables. Check after 20 minutes. Should be reduced by half on the broth. The vegetables should be ready. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
Season with salt and pepper; bring to a boil. In a large saucepan, saute the ham, onion and garlic in butter until onion is tender. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid. Stir in onion, broth, water and seasonings. Remove meat from bones when cool enough to handle; cut ham into small pieces and return to slow cooker.