Baked Sweet Potato Chips. Drizzle with oil, toss, and spread them in a single layer on sheets. Served best warm and right out of the oven, sweet potato chips are a simple, wholesome snack your kids will love. Baking on aluminum foil ensures your chips won't get stuck to the baking sheet-and clean up will be fast and easy!
Place sweet potato chips in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet covered with parchment paper. For the last ten minutes, watch the chips closely and pull off any chips that start to brown, until all of the chips are cooked. Baked sweet potato chips that are incredibly flavorful and crispy. You can have Baked Sweet Potato Chips using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- It’s 4-5 of small or medium sweet potatoes.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Olive oil.
- You need of Fresh Rosemary.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
Perfect alongside sandwiches, burgers, chili, and the like. Enter crispy baked sweet potato chips, made at home. The key here isn't the sweet potatoes — in fact, the nutritional benefits of sweet potatoes over regular white potatoes is miniscule — it's the oven. And, should you care, most versions of these chips are dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan.
Baked Sweet Potato Chips instructions
- First, wash and peel the sweet potatoes and slice them with a knife or slicer into chips. Slice the sweet potatoes as thinly as possible to maximize the crispiness potential!.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bake them at a high temperature for about 20 minutes instead of baking them at a lower temperature for a longer period. A long, low bake (say 375°F or below) will result in tender sweet potatoes, but never crisp..
- Next add to a large mixing bowl with olive oil, salt & pepper, and rosemary. Toss until coated well..
- Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet. Spread the sweet potato slices into a single, even layer, leaving space around each slice. When too many ingredients are on one baking sheet, the heat from the sheet gets trapped under the food and creates steam, and the sweet potato slices will be tender instead of crisp..
- Let the sweet potato chips cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes after you take them out of the oven..
In a medium bowl, toss the sweet potato slices with olive oil until fully coated. Add the seasonings and toss to coat. Arrange the slices on a baking sheet without overlapping the potatoes. These sweet and spicy baked sweet potato fries go great with burgers. Use this as a substitute for French fries.