Twice Baked Loaded Potato Skins. Heat a pot with vegetable oil, fry potatoes until soft in the middle. Transfer potatoes to a cutting board, and cut in half. Using a spoon, gently scoop out the inside flesh of the potatoes and transfer to a medium bowl.
Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy.. Even the pickiest of eaters loved these twice baked potatoes, sour cream and all! When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise in half. You can cook Twice Baked Loaded Potato Skins using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Twice Baked Loaded Potato Skins
- It’s 12-15 of whole potatoes.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Garlic salt.
- You need of Seasoning salt.
- You need 1 of medium onion chopped.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 cup of green onion chopped.
- You need Half of a cup of milk.
- You need Half of cup grated parmesan.
- Prepare 1 pound of bacon crumbled.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded cheese.
Scoop out pulp and place in a large bowl. Mash pulp with the remaining salt and pepper. The twice baked loaded potato skins is the top request when we go to pot-lucks and is always the first to be cleared from everybody's plate. I can always count on people asking if there are any left or they have put first dibs on the last ones on the tray.
Twice Baked Loaded Potato Skins step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°. Wash potatoes and poke holes with toothpick, knife, or fork. Coat thoroughly with oil and season the outsides to taste with seasoning salt or desired spices. Bake in the oven for 45 mins. Or until tender..
- Remove from oven and let cool until you can handle the potatoes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°. Slice potatoes into halves and lay them side by side on the cookie sheet or baking pan..
- Scoop out the middles into a mixing bowl, careful to leave enough on the sides as not to break the little "boats" or skins. Season the insides if desired with preferred seasonings. Set aside..
- Add the cheeses, (setting aside a little to top with later) chopped onion, sour cream, milk, and butter to the potato middles. Smash everything down and mix together thoroughly with a fork. Add spices to desired taste and chopped green onion. Here is where I also sometimes add in 1/3 cup of the crumbled bacon as well..
- Beat with mixer on high until desired texture is achieved. Sometimes I like to leave it a little chunky other times I make it more smooth and creamy. Depends on my mood and company..
- Using a spoon, scoop mixture into potato boat halves. (About a half cup in each.) Line up side by side to support each other..
- Top with remaining bacon crumbles, shredded cheese, and if desired chopped green onion. Bake in oven at 375° for 30-40 mins or until cheese begins to brown around the edges. Enjoy!.
Potato jackets are what baked potatoes are called often in Europe. It's essentially the skins of the potatoes. If you make twice baked potatoes you can call them twice baked jackets and they are the same! Can you make these double baked potatoes ahead of time? Yes, you sure can make the baked potatoes ahead of time.