Tater-tots. Enjoy golden, crispy fries, tater tots and hash browns. Put less than called for or your tater tots will come out SUPER SALTY!!! please check the reviews before making ! I baked mine in the oven.
This is one of those meals that you can throw together with ingredients you would normally have on hand. Great for pot luck or a quick meal for unexpected company. Some kids don't like onion or garlic; these can be omitted. You can cook Tater-tots using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tater-tots
- Prepare 2 pounds of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Prepare As needed of peanut oil to fry in.
Get Tater Tots Recipe from Food Network. Craig Lee for The New York Times There's no need to peel the new potatoes for these otherwise labor-intensive tots, which are little short of a revelation. Nephi Grigg and Golden Grigg were trying to figure out what to do with leftover slivers of cut-up potatoes. They chopped up the slivers, added flour and seasoning, then pushed the mash through holes and sliced off pieces of the extruded mixture.
- Peel the potatoes. Cut each potato in half. Add to the water and bring to a boil..
- Let it actually boil 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and water. Let it cool and grate the potatoes. Add the shredded potatoes to a bowl..
- Add the tablespoon of flour to the potatoes. Add salt and mix well. Add dusting flour to a laid out piece of parchment paper..
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Take a handful of the potato mixture, roll out the mixture into a sausage shaped roll, on the flour. Cut the roll into tot sized pieces..
- When you have all the pieces made fry in the hot oil. Fry in batches for 3 minutes till crispy. Set on a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil..
- Here is the choice, they can either be frozen, single layer till they are hard. After frozen and hard put into a ziploc freezer bag for future use. Or put into the hot oil and fry till crunchy and delicious. Fry in batches and move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil again. As they come out season with salt and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
With their crispy golden outside and fluffy inside, TATER TOTS from ORE-IDA are as tasty as they are fun. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Place shaped tater tots onto oiled baking sheet. Say goodbye to those frozen bags of tater tots. This homemade version is so easy, freezer-friendly and way better than store-bought!