Cheesy Scallopped Potatoes. Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper; sprinkle half over potatoes. Pulse, covered, in a food processor or blender until coarse crumbs form.
This is seriously the most amazing cheesy scalloped potato recipe that I have ever had. In another large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. This scalloped potato recipe has a classic creamy sauce and is topped off with extra cheese for cheesy scalloped potatoes that are total comfort food. You can cook Cheesy Scallopped Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Scallopped Potatoes
- Prepare 4 of large russet potatoes or 6 large red potatoes.
- It’s 1/3 of med onion or too taste.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of cheddar cheese grated.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire.
Scalloped potatoes may seem complicated and time consuming, but nothing could be further from the truth. Scalloped potatoes are simple to make, but are so delicious and satisfying. Arrange one-third of potato slices in bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle potatoes with ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and ¼ cup each Parmesan and Cheddar.
Cheesy Scallopped Potatoes step by step
- Grease 8×8 or similar size casserole dish..
- Peel and slice potatoes using slicer, 1/4 inch or thinner. Dice onions set aside..
- In skillet melt butter, add flour stirc and let cook on med heat until bubbling a couple minutes. Add milk and stir well with wisk. Continue to stir until it starts to thicken and bubble. Add 3/4 cup of cheese, mustard, Worcestershire, pepper, salt, garlic powder. Stir until smooth. Should have a gravy like consistency. Add salt pepper to taste..
- To construct the potatoe casserole. Put down a layer of sliced potatoes then sprinkle a layer of onions. Pour sauce over layer. Cover with another layer of potatoes sprinkle with onions. Pour more sauce over. Continue this until all ingredients are used. When done add remaining cheese on top. Cover with foil..
- Cook covered at 400F for 60-80 minutes look for bubbling in center. Uncover abd cook for another 15 minutes to get color on the cheese. Let cool for 10 minutes, enjoy!!.
Top with remaining salt, pepper, and cheeses. Scalloped potatoes have a simple onion and milk roux sauce that is poured into the potato slices and baked. A potato au gratin usually has a cheese sauce and then also has grated cheese sprinkled between the layers which ends up with a baked potato dish that is far more cheesy and decadent. These cheesy scalloped potatoes are a classic and staple at any holiday dinner. They are creamy, cheesy and absolutely delicious!