Mashed Garlic Red Potato's. Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. Red Garlic Mashed Potatoes Red Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are fork tender.
While I love my creamy mashed potatoes, these garlic mashed red potatoes come in tie for a close second. I love that you don't have to peel the potatoes if you don't want to. Creamy Garlic Red Skin Mashed Potatoes are a classic holiday side dish and a staple for great family meals! You can have Mashed Garlic Red Potato's using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mashed Garlic Red Potato's
- Prepare 6-8 of red potatoes.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic (smashed).
- You need 2 Tbs of Dried Chives.
- You need 1 stick of butter (softened).
- It’s 1 Tbs of salt.
- It’s 1 Tbs of pepper.
- You need of (extra salt/pepper to taste).
The smooth, rich potatoes still have a few lumps to enjoy all of the wonderful textures of your red potatoes. Place potatoes and garlic in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat. Drain well, then return potatoes to the pot.
Mashed Garlic Red Potato's instructions
- Wash and peal red potatoes. I leave on bits of peel just to give some color to the dish (optional)..
- Boil Potato until tinder. Drain, cover, and set aside..
- Mash cloves of garlic and chop sticks of butter into slices so that the butter can melt easier. Add chives, salt, and pepper to the potato's, then add mashed Garlic. Add half of the stick of butter and then mash the potatoes. Continue to add rest of butter as you go until it reaches the consistency you prefer. I prefer chunky mashed potatoes and usually go for a more Potato salad style consistency..
- Serve topped with gravy, more butter, cheese, or whatever toppings you like! Enjoy!.
Add the butter, milk and salt and mash well. We have loads of go-to potato dishes, but we love trying out new ones like today's recipe for Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes. We've been fans of red potatoes for a long time, so we were bound to try a mashed potato version. We usually use Russet potatoes for this, but red potatoes are so good mashed, I may never go back to Russet!! 😉 DIRECTIONS. Put potatoes and garlic in lg pan.