Aloo(Potato) parata. Heat a griddle and fry the parathas one at a time like this: Put a paratha on the griddle. Do the first flip when you see tiny bubbles rise on the surface of the paratha. As soon as the first flip is done, drizzle a bit of oil on the top and spread well over the surface of the paratha.
These are most commonly topped with white butter and served alongside pickle and yogurt. Aloo Paratha is a potato stuffed flatbread that is a popular dish in India. This recipe is so flexible and I've provided loads of substitutions and alternatives so don't be concerned about needing speciality Indian spices. You can cook Aloo(Potato) parata using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Aloo(Potato) parata
- Prepare 2-3 of medium sized potatoes(boiled and grated/smashed).
- It’s 1 of medium sized onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of string of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of red chilly powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of dry mango powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Kasuri methi(optional).
- You need 1/4 cup of cilantro/coriander leaves.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 2-3 teaspoon of cooking oil.
- It’s of Roti/chapati dough.
- Prepare of 2 cups of wheat flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Water to mix and make a soft dough.
I am addicted to this! 'aloo' is the hindi word for potatoes and 'paratha' means an unleavened stuffed flatbread. So aloo paratha literally means potato-stuffed flatbreads or flatbreads stuffed with potatoes. Though there are many variations of stuffed paratha, many folks like aloo ke parathe. In my home, gobi paratha and aloo paratha are winners all the time.
Aloo(Potato) parata instructions
- Take a deep pan heat up, once the pan is hot add oil.
- Once the oil is hot add onion, chopped curry leaves and sauté for 5 minutes/golden brown on medium flame.
- Then add all the masala powders mentioned above and sauté for 3-4 minutes and add kasuri methi (optional) mix and then turn off the flame.
- Once the pan is cooled then add smashed/grated potatoes to it and mix properly then add finely chopped cilantro/coriander leaves.
- To make parata.
- Take a lemon sized roti dough roll a bit round and take small lemon sized aloo mix stuff in the rolled roti dough.
- Roll the stuffed aloo mix with the help of dry wheat flour dust to a normal size roti.
- Heat up the tawa once the tawa is hot place a rolled aloo parata add a 1/4 teaspoon of oil/ghee and flip another side and cook properly on both sides.
- Serve aloo parata with pickle/curd.
Ideally, a light potato shorba goes best with aloo ka paratha. You can also make quick onion-tomato-green chilli raita that tastes amazing with this paratha. For a perfect Aloo Paratha, make sure that you have a fine filling of potatoes. Make sure that you mash or grate them in a bowl and then mix all the spices in it. Aloo Ka Paratha or Potato Paratha is a stuffed Indian flatbread made using whole wheat flour and stuffed with a spicy potato filling.