Cheesey potatoes. Check Out Top Brands On eBay. Cheesy potatoes make an easy side dish when you use the microwave. All you need are potatoes, onion, and Cheddar cheese.
Sliced potatoes are layered with cheese and onion in this crowd pleasing variation on scalloped potatoes. Cheesy potatoes come out of the oven tender and delicious! You can make and bake this casserole ahead of time and freeze it as well. You can cook Cheesey potatoes using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesey potatoes
- Prepare 32 oz of bag cubed potatoes.
- You need 1/2-1 of onion, diced small.
- You need 8 oz of sour cream.
- It’s 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 2 sticks of butter melted.
- Prepare 1/2 of of 32oz box velveeta cheese, cubed.
- It’s 2-3 C of corn flakes, crushed.
Or, freeze the leftovers, if there are any! This cheesy side dish recipe goes by many different names – cheesy potatoes casserole, cheesy potato bake, funeral potatoes, and hashbrown casserole are just a few. Whatever you call it, they're delicious and the perfect side dish recipe that is perfect alongside my Zucchini Casserole , Pasta Salad Recipe , and Buffalo Chicken Dip ! My favorite recipe for cheesy potatoes – aka funeral potatoes or cheesy potato casserole.
Cheesey potatoes step by step
- In large bowl mix the cubed potatoes, onion, 1 stick ofthe sticks of butter(melted), sour cream, checken soup, and cubed cheese..
- Spray a 9×13in pan with non-stick spray. Put the potato mixture in the pan and set aside for a sec..
- Place the corn flakes a a plastic baggie and crush up. Pour into a bowl and pour the other stick of melted butter over and mix til crumbs are coated..
- Spoon the crumb mixture on top of the potatoes. Place in a pre-heated 350° oven for 1 hour..
This dish is so comforting, always a crowd pleaser and perfect for any holiday dinner! This is a staple side dish at all of our holiday dinners. It's always the first one gone and gets so many rave reviews. The mounds of cheesy potato goodness piled high on all our plates was laughable. My husband looks at me and says "these are the best homemade cheesy potatoes I've ever had." It literally was a verbal dozen roses, or like when he does the dinner dishes or makes me a cup of coffee.