Loaded Broccoli Cheese & Potato Soup. For anyone who loves baked potato or broccoli-cheese soup, this is the best of both worlds. Then everyone is happy, carnivore or not! —Vivi Taylor, Middleburg, Florida. This Loaded Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe will seriously knock your socks off!
This thick and creamy soup is full of delicious vegetables including broccoli, potatoes, and carrots, plus lots of cheese and delicious seasonings. Loaded broccoli potato cheese soup is the ultimate broccoli cheese soup recipe. With how hearty and filling it is, this soup is a popular recipe year round! You can cook Loaded Broccoli Cheese & Potato Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Loaded Broccoli Cheese & Potato Soup
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth (I use LB Jamison Chicken Soup base.).
- It’s 3 of large carrots peeled and diced.
- It’s 4 of medium potatoes (I use red potatoes).
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1-2 packages of frozen broccoli florets.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 6 slices of bacon cooked and chopped.
In a large saucepan, combine the chicken broth, carrots, celery, potatoes and onion. Loaded Broccoli Cauliflower Cheese Casserole is the kind of goodness you might just make your whole meal. Bacon, cheese… loads of flavor – it's perfect! That is one MOUTHFUL of a title.
Loaded Broccoli Cheese & Potato Soup step by step
- In a large pot combine chicken broth, carrots, potatoes, garlic and onion. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Add broccoli, cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes..
- While simmering, melt butter in a large sauce pan. Whisk in the flour and cook for another minute (until golden brown). Whisk in milk and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add cheese and stir until it is all melted. Add salt. Pour cheese sauce into the soup and stir until well combined..
- Add more milk for a thinner consistency and add any additional salt and pepper if needed..
- Top with bacon and green onion..
Loaded Broccoli Cheese Fries: a fast family dinner recipe that everyone is sure to love. These fries are topped with family favorites like broccoli, cheddar cheese, chicken, bacon, and ranch dressing for dipping! My oldest child just started Kindergarten a couple of weeks ago. It didn't take us long to realize that a daily routine & fast. Like classic broccoli cheese soup on steroids, here's what you'll get with this loaded broccoli cheese bacon soup: fabulous cheesy flavor with tender bits of broccoli as well as salty pieces of bacon and gobs of tender carrots, celery and potatoes bathed in a silky, creamy soup.