Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes. Transfer potatoes to a cutting board, and cut in half. Using a spoon, gently scoop out the inside flesh of the potatoes and transfer to a medium bowl. Add the sour cream, melted butter, salt, pepper, ½ of the shredded cheese, and ½ of the scallions, and combine with a hand mixer until smooth.
Loaded Twice-Baked Potatoes Loaded Twice-Baked Potatoes. These loaded twice-baked potatoes are the ramped up cousin of the loaded mashed potatoes I posted a few days ago but instead of baking the delectable mixture of fluffy potatoes, crisp bacon, sharp cheddar cheese, and green onions in a casserole dish, it's spooned back into the potato shells and baked again until golden and crisp on the. How to Make Twice Baked Potatoes. You can have Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes
- It’s 12-15 of whole potatoes.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s of Seasoning salt.
- You need of Garlic salt.
- You need 1 of medium onion chopped.
- You need Half of stick butter.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped green onion.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s Half of cup grated parmesan.
- Prepare Half of cup milk.
- You need 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- You need 1 lb of bacon crumbled.
Todays recipe about how to make twice baked potatoes is quick and easy to throw together and serves as a wonderful side dish or main entree. Can I Freeze Twice Baked Potatoes? The fun thing about these potatoes is that you can make a batch ahead of time and freeze them to use in a jiffy at a later date. For twice baked loaded potatoes, we like to use a starchy potato.
Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°. Wash potatoes and poke holes with toothpick, knife, or fork. Coat thoroughly with oil and season the outsides to taste with seasoning salt or desired spices. Bake in the oven for 45 mins. Or until tender. (I also added grated parmesan this time.).
- Remove from oven and let cool until you can handle the potatoes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°. Slice potatoes into halves and lay them side by side on the cookie sheet or baking pan..
- Scoop out the middles into a mixing bowl, careful to leave enough on the sides as not to break the little "boats" or skins. Season the insides if desired with preferred seasonings. Set aside..
- Add the cheeses, (setting aside a little to top with later) chopped onion, sour cream, milk, and butter to the potato middles. Smash everything down and mix together thoroughly with a fork..
- Add spices to desired taste and chopped green onion. Here is where I also sometimes add in 1/3 cup of the crumbled bacon as well..
- Beat with mixer on high until desired texture is achieved. Sometimes I like to leave it a little chunky other times I make it more smooth amd creamy. Depends on my mood and company..
- Using a spoon, scoop mixture into potato boat halves. (About a half cup in each.) Line up side by side to support each other..
- Top with remaining bacon crumbles, shredded cheese, and if desired chopped green onion. Bake in oven at 375° for 30-40 mins or until cheese begins to brown around the edges. Enjoy!.
You may find it hard for them to stay together when you scoop out the filling, but the potato filling will mix in and absorb the butter and sour cream much better than a waxier potato like red potatoes. We choose Russet potatoes for this recipe. Loaded Twice-Baked Potato Casserole My husband is a meat and potatoes guy, so I try new combinations for variety. In this dish, twice-baked potatoes and potato skins make a scrumptious casserole. Take baked potatoes to the ultimate level of creamy, cheesy, buttery goodness.