Copycat KFC potato wedges. The Secret to Extra Crispy KFC Potato Wedges. For this recipe, we are actually going to cook the potatoes twice. These potatoes are deep-fried, so if you are making fried chicken, fried fish, or even onion rings this would be a great addition to the other recipes.
Mix well in separate bowl mix milk and egg. This post may contain affiliate links. KFC Potato Wedges lightly battered in a thin KFC chicken flavored seasoning and double fried until super crispy on the outside and fluffy on. You can have Copycat KFC potato wedges using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Copycat KFC potato wedges
- You need 6-8 of potatoes washed, scrubbed and cut into wedges.
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 3 tablespoons of seasoning salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
Learn how to make copycat KFC Potato Wedges at home. It's so easy to make these famous potato wedges from KFC. This was originally posted on my blog at: http. The KFC wedges continue to be a guilty pleasure of mine and I have to get my fix when I'm in their restaurant.
Copycat KFC potato wedges instructions
- Milk eggs and milk and let your potato wedges soak for 10-15 mjnutes in it. Heat oil to 375..
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. Toss wedges in flour spice mixture..
- Fry 4 minutes then remove and lay on wire rack for 5 minutes or until all your batches have been fried for 4 minutes then return to oil for 6-8 more minutes or until crispy golden brown..
- Great dipped in ketchup or topped with nacho cheese, shredded Colby jack, sour cream, ranch green onion slices and bacon bits to make them fully loaded wedges. You could top them with bbq pulled chicken or pork, purple onion slices and nacho cheese and make them a meal themselves. I served mine with homemade buffalo chicken sliders and deviled eggs. See my recipes.
I don't eat at their restaurant a lot so I reverse engineered this copycat recipe which is just as good as the original providing seasoned potato wedges everytime. Combine all dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Mix well in separate bowl mix milk and egg. Dip potato wedges in milk/egg mixture and coat well. Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, oregano, and onion powder in a small bowl.