Leeks and Potatoes. What a nice and creamy change from our usual potatoes. A favourite around my house is leeks and potatoes but with the addition of butter and parsley they have a smooth flavor that is rounded out by the seasoning salt. Made almost as written but left out the parsley it doesn.
Add the carrots, butter, oil, salt and pepper; toss to coat. This Vegetable Pan Roast is packed with Leek, Potato, and Steamed Spinach Greens! A flavorful, healthy, and easy to make side dish you can make all in one pan! You can have Leeks and Potatoes using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leeks and Potatoes
- You need of Meat and vegetables.
- Prepare 2 of large leeks.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots.
- It’s 1 pound of potatoes.
- You need 1 pound of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- You need 2 quart of water.
- You need of Precooked extras.
- You need 2 cups of macaroni and cheese see my recipe.
- You need 2 cups of mashed potatoes see my recipe.
- You need of Spices.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of mustard powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare As needed of salt and ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- It’s of Meatballs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 2/3 pound of ground sirloin.
- You need To taste of salt and pepper.
- You need of Thickener and frying.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil to shallow fry in.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need To taste of salt.
A vegan recipe perfect for any gathering. Have you ever seen a list of seasonal produce guides, and thought " Hmm… Rinse the leeks in a bowl of cold water so to remove any sand, remove the leeks and wring dry in towels. Keep the cubed potatoes in a bowl of cold water till needed. Always turn off the heat before stirring in the cheese so that the cheese won't separate.
Leeks and Potatoes step by step
- Boil the chicken in water. Slice the carrots and leeks on a bias. Cut the chicken, when done, into manageable pieces and add back to the water..
- Add the leeks and carrots, then add the spices. Stir well..
- Simmer covered and slice the potatoes and fry them. Fry till just turning golden brown remove from the oil. Put on a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Season with a little salt..
- Mix the ground sirloin with the salt and pepper. Add in the cheese and mix well. Make little meatballs and fry till crispy on the outside..
- Turn as needed I did 2 batches. When crispy add right in to the leeks..
- When all the meatballs are in add the fried potatoes. Simmer covered 20 minutes. Add the mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Stir well..
- Add salt and pepper to the butter and melt in the microwave. Stir in the flour and olive oil..
- Pour this thickener into the leeks and cook. Stirring constantly till thickened and the flour has cooked for about 10-12 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes give it a good stir and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Top with remaining potatoes in a spiral. Potato Leek Casserole is made with sliced potatoes, garlic, saute leeks, a combination of cream and Gruyere cheese and is baked to perfection. Potatoes and leeks are a match made in heaven…like cookies & milk, like peanut butter & chocolate, like cheese & wine, like champagne & strawberries….but I digress. Discard thyme and scatter the leeks over the potatoes. Add cream, garlic and bay leaf to the skillet, scraping up browned bits of leeks from the bottom of the pan.