Spicy sweet potato corn chowder. Check Out Top Brands On eBay. Great recipe for Spicy sweet potato corn chowder. It's Fall, and that means time for making soups and stews!
Remove from heat; season with salt and pepper. In a stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat, melt the butter. Melt the butter in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. You can have Spicy sweet potato corn chowder using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy sweet potato corn chowder
- Prepare 1 tbsp of avocado oil.
- You need 1/2 c of diced celery.
- It’s 1 1/2 c of chopped red bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of small sweet onion.
- You need 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 4 c of frozen (or fresh) corn.
- It’s 2-3 of hot peppers finely chopped (I use ghost peppers, but jalapeños will do nicely).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin.
- It’s 2 c of low- sodium vegetable (or chicken) broth.
- It’s 2 c of peeled and cubed sweet potato.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 1/2 c of half and half (divided).
Pour half of the soup in a blender or food processor; purée. Combine puréed soup with the remaining soup and stir well. In a small bowl, make a slurry with the cornstarch and ¼ cup of the half-and-half. Add chicken broth, sweet potato, salt, pepper,chili flakes, basil and thyme.
Spicy sweet potato corn chowder instructions
- In a large stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-low heat. Add celery, bell pepper, onion, garlic, corn, chipotle and jalapeño; sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring often..
- Stir in salt, pepper, cumin and broth, stirring well. Increase heat to medium and bring to a low boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and add sweet potatoes. Simmer over low for 8–10 minutes or until potatoes are tender..
- Pour half of the soup in a blender or food processor; purée. Combine puréed soup with the remaining soup and stir well. Gently reheat..
- In a small bowl, make a slurry with the cornstarch and ¼ cup of the half-and-half..
- Add to soup and stir well. Stir in the remaining 1¼ cups half-and-half. Stir over medium heat until the soup becomes slightly thickened..
- Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!.
In a separate heated pan, add butter and melt. Stir in the celery, onion, and shallot. In a small saucepan over medium heat, saute the bacon until crisp and browned and the fat is rendered. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel and reserve. Sweet Potato Chowder "My husband came up with this spicy soup that's a snap to make yet tastes wonderful," says Kathy Whitford of Oscoda, Michigan.