"Slap Ya Mama" Potato Soup. Here is how you achieve it. The Walker Family is proud to produce their line of top quality Cajun seasonings and recipes in their hometown of Ville Platte, Louisiana which is the self-proclaimed smoked meats capital of the world. It's a magical place, no doubt – even by Louisiana's high standards.
I purchased Slap YA Mama Cajun Seasoning https://slapyamama.com the other day and this recipe was on the back!! I was making my Chef Paul Prudhomme Roasted Pork and immediately thought how perfect these potatoes would be with that roast, and I was right. The soup still has all the goodies of a loaded baked potato in it – bacon, butter, sour cream, cheddar cheese and green onion, and of course I included a few dashes of hot sauce, along with some of my favorite Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning. You can cook "Slap Ya Mama" Potato Soup using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of "Slap Ya Mama" Potato Soup
- It’s 7 of Whole Russet Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 c of Whole Milk.
- Prepare 1 of "U shaped" cooked smoked sausage.
- It’s 1 bunch of Celery.
- It’s 1 can of Cheddar Cheese Soup.
- It’s 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- It’s 2 c of water.
- Prepare to taste of "Slap Ya Mama" seasoning.
Sauteing some basic veggies in bacon drippings and butter first was a great base, to which I then made a. Add ¾ jar of roux, boil until roux is completely dissolved, stirring occasionally. With the remaining ½ tbsp. of Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning, season chicken and add to pot. In the large bowl, combine yolks, mayonnaise, relish, mustard and Slap Ya Mama Pepper Sauce.
"Slap Ya Mama" Potato Soup step by step
- Rinse potatoes and dice into cubes.
- Place in large pot until water runs clear.
- Fill with water until water covers top of potatoes by two inches.
- Boil on high.
- Dice Sausage and slice Celary.
- Stir in Cheddar Cheese Soup and Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- Add Smoked Sausage(diced) and sliced rinsed celary.
- Add milk and "Slap Ya Mama" (enough to cover the top) return to a boil, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Enjoy! (Please do not actually slap ya mama, this is a seasoning not a suggestion) 😂.
With a fork mash yolks and mix well until ingredients are smooth. Spoon fill each egg halve with yolk mixture, top with a pinch of paprika, a few sprinkles of Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning and finish with a little bacon on the top of each. Season crawfish with zest and Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning. Add crawfish mixture, green onion, parsley, thyme and Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning to pan. Potato Soup Recipes Taco Soup Recipes Tomato Soup Recipes.