Vichyssoise Potato & Onion Cold Cream Soup. Chilled soups used to be a lot more popular than they are these days, especially before WWII and modern air conditioning. In a medium size pot, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, add leek and garlic, cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
Add the potatoes, chicken broth and mace. Cook over medium heat until the potatoes are tender. Pour the mixture into the blender or food processor. You can cook Vichyssoise Potato & Onion Cold Cream Soup using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vichyssoise Potato & Onion Cold Cream Soup
- It’s of Soup.
- Prepare 400 g (14.10 oz) of Potatoes.
- You need 400 g (14.10 oz) of Onions.
- It’s 500 ml (16.90 fl oz) of Water.
- You need 500 ml (16.90 fl oz) of Milk.
- You need 200 ml (6.76 fl oz) of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Honey.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s to taste of Salt & Pepper *fine.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- Prepare to taste of Fried onion.
- You need to taste of Chives.
Add leeks and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Add water and bring to a simmer. Vichyssoise is one of the simplest and most versatile cold soups ever–basically a silky smooth puree of potatoes, onions or leeks, stock, and cream, well chilled.
Vichyssoise Potato & Onion Cold Cream Soup instructions
- Peel potatoes, chop small, and then put in water for 10 mins. to remove scum..
- Peel onions and slice thinly..
- Stir-fry potatoes and onions with butter. Cook with low heat and stir -fry well to make the onion sweeter and make this mixture richer..
- Season it with salt & pepper..
- Add water and mix gently..
- Put in soup stock powder, or cube and melt, then stew for 15 mins. with low heat..
- Stop the heat and blend it. This will be the tasty soup base..
- Add milk, heavy cream, and mix gently. Heat again with low heat. *Do not boil to make it mild & rich!.
- After the soup is well heated, add parmesan cheese and mix well..
- Add honey, mix well, and stew 5 mins. Keep stirring the bottom gently to avoid burning it..
- Stop the heat, cool down, then pour the soup into a container and keep in the refrigerator over night..
- Pour the soup to the serving bowl or cooler container..
- Put fried onions on top..
- Mince chives..
- Put minced chives on the top and done!.
- 2nd day soup is so rich and creamy! It would be a nice side menu of your meal!.
- Also recommended! "Rich Kabocha Squash Potage Soup" Recipe ID : 13039187 "Corn & Sweet Potato Rich Cold Potage Soup" Recipe ID : 13282233.
After you master the basic recipe, be sure to try the recipe variations below. Vichyssoise is a creamy and smooth soup made from potatoes and leeks. Traditionally served chilled, it can be enjoyed hot too if the season calls for a warming soup instead. Serve it as the first course in an elegant luncheon or as your main meal with a green salad on the side. The key is to use the herbs called for in the other recipe sub white pepper for the black use fat-free half-and-half instead of cream and garnish with sour cream and chives.