Pan seared wild Salmon with roasted potato and béarnaise sauce. Pan seared wild Salmon with roasted potato and béarnaise sauce instructions In a small sauté pan, sweat the shallots till wilted and translucent. For the sauce: in a blender add the egg yolk, Dijon, lemon juice, and the sautéed shallots season with salt and pepper to taste. Pan-seared salmon is pretty great — you get a nice amber crust that gives way to moist and tender salmon underneath without a ton of effort.
This Pan Seared Salmon recipe introduces perfectly tender and flaky fillets into a creamy mustard sauce laced with fresh spinach. A meal that's so quick and easy you can serve it to your family any day of the week, yet this restaurant-worthy dish is elegant enough to plate for a fancy dinner party. We counted and there are approximately a million reasons to love wild salmon. You can have Pan seared wild Salmon with roasted potato and béarnaise sauce using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pan seared wild Salmon with roasted potato and béarnaise sauce
- You need of Salmon (as many as you want).
- You need of Fingerling or baby potatoes.
- Prepare of Béarnaise sauce.
- Prepare 1 of shallot finely diced.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of finely chopped tarragon.
- It’s to taste of Salt / pepper.
- Prepare of Juice of half a lemon.
But according to the queen of clean, craveable cooking, Pamela Salzman, how to cook wild salmon can be narrowed down to just seven simple, drool-worthy techniques. Wild salmon is a super-powered source of protein full of healthy fats and essential nutrients, and is also an amazingly versatile ingredient to work with. With ingredients like chili-garlic sauce, white vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, and chopped peanuts, this salad could transform even the most basic salmon into a memorable meal. But forget basic — pair this salad with Chef John's flavor-packed, five-minute Fast Salmon with a Ginger Glaze.
Pan seared wild Salmon with roasted potato and béarnaise sauce instructions
- In a small sauté pan, sweat the shallots till wilted and translucent..
- For the sauce: in a blender add the egg yolk, Dijon, lemon juice, and the sautéed shallots season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Blend the mixture till incorporated, slowly add the clarified butter (while still warm) this will cook the egg yolk and make it smooth. It should coat the back of the spoon..
- When mixture is silky smooth add the tarragon, if too thick add a touch of warm water. (Now you have béarnaise..
- For the potatoes: coat with olive oil, salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet. Cook at 200C (395F) till fork tender..
- For the Salmon: pan sear skin down for about 7 min, flip and cook for 3 more min. Set aside and rest..
- NOTE: cooking time differ for different size pieces and donees basically cook it the way you want it 😊.
- Assemble: sauce on the bottom, potatoes and salmon. Get creative.
The combination of salmon, broccoli, and red potatoes makes for a wonderful meal. But how to cook them all on one pan without any one component coming out overcooked or undercooked was a puzzle we needed to solve. Our first step was to look at the roasting time for each. Since the potatoes required the most time in the oven and the salmon required the least, we started by roasting the potatoes. Salt and pepper – so the salmon isn't bland.; Olive oil – to help brown the salmon and prevent sticking.; Chicken broth – to create a sauce.