Brined Baked Potato. Add the salt to the multicooker. Pour in the rest of the water. Close the lid and set the steam release knob to the sealing position.
Brining is a method of salt-based food preservation and a method of seasoning foods. A basic brine features salt and water in specific amounts. Although meats can be brined prior to cooking, vegetables — including potatoes — can also be brined to preserve them in a jar or can or to season them prior to a meal. You can have Brined Baked Potato using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brined Baked Potato
- You need of Russet Potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water (Warm).
- Prepare 2 Tbs of Sea Salt.
- Prepare as needed of Vegetable oil.
Scrub the potato, and pierce the skin several times with a knife or fork. Rub the skin with olive oil, then with salt. The winner was a technique heralded by America's Test Kitchen, in which the potatoes are brined before they're baked. Around the same time, we fell in love with a recipe for British-style jacket potatoes from Cup of Jo, which are baked for two hours, split.
Brined Baked Potato instructions
- Using a fork. Poke several hole deep into potato..
- Add water and salt in a bowl and stir until salt is dissolved. Roll each potato in the brine to cover thoroughly. Place on a wire rack..
- Bake at 450°F for 1 hour. Remove from oven. They will have a slight white tint of salt on them..
- Brush potatoes with oil and place back in over for 15 more minutes and the skin becomes crispy. I switch to convection at this time for an extra crispy skin. Cut open immediately for steam to escape so potato stays fluffy..
About this method: Leave it to America's Test Kitchen to get baked potatoes down to a science. Wash potato (or potatoes) thoroughly with a stiff brush and cold running water. Cut an X in the top of the baked potato and using a dishtowel, squeeze potato at each end to open the X and let steam escape. Top with butter or whatever toppings you prefer. DO NOT LEAVE POTATOES UNCUT/SPLIT — EAT IMMEDIATELY FOR THE BEST EXPERIENCE.