Potato and corn croquettes. Put the potatoes back into the pot and sauté with low heat until any excess water is gone and the surface of the potatoes becomes white. Smash the potatoes while they are still hot. Add butter, salt and pepper for seasoning.
Dip into egg and milk mixture. The croquette is the original no-waste recipe. Using up leftover bits of cooked vegetables, mashed potatoes, and herbs to make crispy little bites is an old-school French idea. You can have Potato and corn croquettes using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato and corn croquettes
- You need 300 g of ground pork.
- Prepare 500 g of potato (about 5).
- Prepare 1 of cob of corn.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- It’s 1/4 of Salt.
- You need 1/4 of Pepper.
- It’s 1 TBSP of Butter.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of potato starch.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need of Flour.
- Prepare of Bread crumbs.
Potato & Corn Cream Croquettes I wanted to make cream croquettes easily. These have a different yet still delicious flavor compared to potato only or bechamel sauce only croquettes. If you want croquettes that are a little bit more floury, increase the amount of potatoes used. If you like creamier croquettes, increase the amount of milk.
Potato and corn croquettes step by step
- Peel potatoes and cut in half. (Do not cut into small pieces because if the potatoes get too wet they will be hard to shape later).
- In a large pressure cooker, pour 2 inches of water and add potatoes. Cook for 4 minutes after it start to whistle. (if you don’t have a pressure cooker, just boil the potatoes until you can insert a tooth pick easily, 7 – 8 minutes).
- While potatoes are cooking, season the pork with a dash of salt and sauté it in a large pan, medium-high heat until it’s golden brown for 5 minutes..
- In the same pan, add minced onion and sauté until the onion gets clear. Add corn and sauté for another 2 minutes..
- Drain potatoes after cooking. Put the potatoes back into the pot and sauté with low heat until any excess water is gone and the surface of the potatoes becomes white. Turn off the heat..
- Smash the potatoes while they are still hot. Add butter, salt and pepper for seasoning. Don’t smash too much because the chunkiness is good for croquette’s texture..
- Pour mashed potatoes into the large pan and mix well. Add potato starch if the texture is too watery..
- Shape it as you like..
- Coat them with flour, egg and bread crumbs (in that order).
- In a large pan, put vegetable oil about 2 inches, heat oil to medium heat and fry the croquettes. Fry them in small batches to avoid them touching each other..
- Pour ‘Bull-Dog sauce’ over and enjoy😍.
If the corn flakes don't seem to stick, brush the potato balls with a bit of sour cream or greek yogurt. Place the croquettes separated on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Mix together mashed potatoes and corn. Make into patties that are fat but flat. Dip each pattie first in flour, then beaten egg, then panko.