Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew. Great recipe for Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew. A delicious, hearty, and healthy sweet potato stew made in the crockpot (slow cooker). This stew is packed with sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, corn, tomatoes, beef, and plenty of seasoning!
Slow Cooker Beef & Sweet Potato Stew. This beef and sweet potato stew was topped off with my Crockpot Dumplings Recipe, which is honestly one of my favourite kitchen hacks to date. Adding on those dumplings makes this a true meal entirely done in. You can cook Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew
- It’s 3 cups of (2 sweet potatoes chopped).
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped celery (optional).
- It’s 1 of medium white onion.
- Prepare 8 oz of bag mini carrots.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can corn.
- You need of Or 12oz bag of frozen mixed veggies.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz) of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 lb of beef chuck roast cut into ½ inch cubes.
- It’s 4 of bacon strips.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of seasoned salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 2-3 of beef bullion cubes.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of water.
This slow cooker sweet potato beef stew is made with sweet potatoes and chuck roast. It's an easy, comfort food that's healthy too! Throw everything in the crock pot so the veggies soften and the meat falls apart. In a crock pot, combine sweetpotatoes, chicken, sausage, onion, garlic, tomatoes, beans, paprika, salt, thyme, pepper, allspice, cumin and tomato paste.
Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew instructions
- Crockpot bags are the key to success!.
- In a pan cook bacon strips..
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into large chunks. Measure to get a heaping 3 cups and place in the prepared slow cooker..
- Add in the chopped celery, chopped onion, the bag of carrots, drained can of corn and undrained can of diced tomatoes and bacon.
- Toss together the flour, seasoned salt, and pepper. Toss the cut meat (cut in 1 inch cubes if not pre-cut) in the flour mixture until well coated..
- Place the coated meat in the slow cooker on top of all the vegetables. You do not need to pre-cook the meat at all..
- Add in the bay leaf, minced garlic, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and parsley..
- Crumble in the boullion cubes and the water..
- Stir everything together and try to submerge the meat below the veggies to keep it as tender as possible. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or high for 5-7 hours or until the sweet potatoes and vegetables are tender and the meat is cooked through and tender. All slow cookers cook at different temperatures. Mine takes about 8 hours on low..
- When ready to serve, remove the bay leaf..
- Stir the ingredients together and slightly mash the tender sweet potatoes in the crockpot. This gives it a chunkier and thicker stew consistency and it's delicious!.
Place the sweet potato cubes in the crock pot; add beef and onions. Mix beef broth with cinnamon and pour over beef mixture. Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season steak with salt and pepper, to taste. Let beans soak for an hour, then drain beans and add to crockpot.