Sweet Potato Brownies. The time the sweet potato spends in the oven actually draws out its natural sugars, and those sweet flavors complement the chocolate in the brownies, making this unlikely ingredient the perfect. In these secretly lightened-up brownies, the sweet potato adds depth of flavor and moisture, keeping the brownies soft and fudgy without needing any oil in the recipe. The vegan sweet potato brownie recipe can be suitable for low calorie, gluten free, and sugar free diets, and there's a flourless option as well.
Let me know over on Instagram if you make these! Sweet potato may seem like a strange ingredient to make brownies with, but trust me it works really well. When paired with dates and honey, the sweet potato is pretty much undetectable and even the fussiest of eaters won't be put off by the goodness hiding inside! You can cook Sweet Potato Brownies using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Brownies
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of steamed and mashed sweet potato.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oat flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of cacao.
- You need 1/4 cup of agave / maple syrup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of peanut butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flaxseeds + 5tbsp water.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
Easy Sweet Potato Brownies made with almond flour, almond butter, sweet potato puree, and cocoa powder for a decadent, healthier brownie. How to make sweet potato brownies. A mashed and cooled sweet potato provides the starch base and a deliciously fudgy texture. A little goes a long way, and you won't even TASTE the maple flavor.
Sweet Potato Brownies step by step
- Blend 2 tbsp flaxseeds with 5 tbsp water in a high speed blender for a "vegan egg"..
- In a bowl mix all ingredients until just combined..
- Add mixture to a lined 9×12 inch / 20x30cm backing dish..
- Bake at 160°C for approx 25mins..
- Cut into pieces and serve with whipped cream or ice cream..
This weekend didn't feel like a weekend. Probably because I was stuck inside for most of it. In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, sugars, oil, eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to potato mixture. Rich, dark and super fudgy, these brownies are suitable for those following a paleo, vegan, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free lifestyle!