Mashed beans and potatoes. Add a generous dollop of mash to top, smooth over with a spoon. Chill when cool (or freeze for up to a month at this stage). Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil, and add beans.
Serve immediately garnished with the remaining whole fava beans. This mashed potatoes and beans deliciousness is a traditional meal in Cameroon. I'm not sure which part of the country it originates from but I have seen lots of people from the village, Banso in the North West region make it. You can cook Mashed beans and potatoes using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mashed beans and potatoes
- Prepare As needed of Pre boiled beans.
- It’s 1 kg of boiled potatoes.
- Prepare of For the Kachumbari :.
- It’s 4 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of red onions.
There are many names for it, which include, Tukuni, and Les Pomme Pilées (in French). Remove mashed potatoes from packaging tray. Place mashed potatoes, sour cream, Parmesan, and half the Swiss cheese in the second provided metal tray and thoroughly combine. Peel the cooked potatoes and in a large bowl, mash them together with the butter.
Mashed beans and potatoes step by step
- Mash your beans first and when hot for it to be easier and when you are done add your boiled potatoes and evenly mash them until they are well mixed…
- Yo can fry the mashed beans if you want but I didnt.
- Cut your tomatoes and onion into pieces and enjoy your Kachumbari with the mukimo.
Add milk until the desired creamy consistency is reached. When the beans are done, add the beans to the potato and mix well. Use a potato masher to crush the beans into the potato a bit. Check for seasoning and add salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper to. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.