Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes. It's the perfect bowl of warming comfort food that's also healthy…and so delicious. Stir scallion, ginger, garlic and chiles into pot and reduce heat to medium. Stir in coconut milk and sweet potatoes.
Remove the lid and add the remaining tablespoon of fish sauce. If there's too much liquid, crank. Chicken sweet potato curry with coconut milk was a good recipe to bring to my table for my husband and father-in law. You can cook Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 3 tbs of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 of medium shallots, chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced or grated.
- Prepare 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped plus more for serving.
- Prepare 1 of medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks (thicker is better).
- You need 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cups of canned coconut milk.
- You need 2 tbs of fish sauce.
- You need 2 cups of fresh baby spinach.
- Prepare of juice of 2 limes.
- It’s To taste of kosher salt.
- It’s 2 cups of cooked rice, for serving.
- You need of naan, for serving – we warm the pre-packaged ones in the oven (optional).
By cooking the curry under pressure allowed the coconut milk and sweet potato to combine in a thick sweet and creamy sauce. I am very happy with this unique curry recipe. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the sweet potatoes, coconut milk, Thai curry paste, salt, pepper, and stir to combine.
Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes step by step
- Toss the chicken with the turmeric, ginger, and 1 tablespoon oil. Let sit 5 minutes..
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat..
- Add the chicken and sear on both sides until browned, about 2 minutes..
- Add the shallots, garlic, ginger, cayenne, and cilantro, cook 3 minutes, then toss in the sweet potato..
- Season to taste with salt..
- Reduce the heat to low. Add 1 cup broth, the coconut milk, and fish sauce. Partially cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. If the sauce is too thick, add additional broth. Stir in the spinach and lime juice..
- Serve the chicken and sauce over rice. Top with fresh cilantro. Enjoy with naan..
Coconut milk and shredded coconut help thicken the stew and give it a satisfying texture. Be sure to grab the unsweetened coconut milk that comes in cans in the Asian aisles of most major grocery stores. Healthy sweet potatoes are highlighted in this chicken curry stew, as sweet potatoes lend a subtle sweetness, nutrition, and heartiness. Add the chicken, sweet potatoes and lentils and stir to coat in the paste, then pour in the stock and coconut milk. Lay chicken on top of sweet potatoes.