Potato Sambal With Chicken Liver and Gizzard. Great recipe for Potato Sambal With Chicken Liver and Gizzard. In Indonesia, potatoes are eaten as a side dish. So eating this potato sambal with white rice is perfectly common, Especially in the special moment like Eid Al Fitr for muslim or in the other ceremony.
For sambal : remove red chili's seeds, blend red chili,shallot,garlic,candlenut,coriander,cayenne pepper. Heat oil in the pan and fry sambal,bay leave, kaffir lime leaves, lemonggrass,galangal until fragran. Add fried potato, chicken livers abd gizzards. You can have Potato Sambal With Chicken Liver and Gizzard using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato Sambal With Chicken Liver and Gizzard
- It’s 3 of large potatoes.
- You need 5 of chicken livers.
- It’s 5 of chicken gizzards.
- Prepare 6 of red chilies.
- Prepare 5 of cayenne peppers (option).
- It’s 10 of shallots.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tea spoon of coriander.
- Prepare 5 of candlenuts.
- Prepare 2 cm of galangal (crushed).
- It’s 1 of lemonggrass (crushed).
- You need 3 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 2 of Indonesian bay leaves.
- You need To taste of pepper.
- Prepare To taste of sugar.
- You need of Cooking oil.
Here is how you cook it. You need : a food processor or a blender. For the potatoes, I simply peel and cut them into little cubes, fry and set aside. Fry the chicken livers as well (and gizzards, if using).
Potato Sambal With Chicken Liver and Gizzard step by step
- Peel and cut potatoes into small cubes and fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- Clean up and wash chicken livers and gizzards and fry boil until a half cook.
- Remove Chicken Livers and gizzards from the pan and cut them into small cubes, set aside.
- For sambal : remove red chili's seeds, blend red chili,shallot,garlic,candlenut,coriander,cayenne pepper..
- Heat oil in the pan and fry sambal,bay leave, kaffir lime leaves, lemonggrass,galangal until fragran..
- Add fried potato, chicken livers abd gizzards. Mix well..
- Add chicken powder,sugar and pepper,stir and cook for few minutes.Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking..
- And when ready place it in the serving dish. Serve with rice..
- Happy Cooking… 🥳🥳.
When you have all the components ready, mix all of them together so that the sambal coats everything nicely. Now, when the liver and gizzard seem done, stir in potato chunks. Same with liver and gizzard, many other recipes call for fried potato for this. If you have time, go ahead with frying (grilling sounds very good too!). Here it is a typical cuisine from the province of Jambi, Sumatra Island: "Kelia Hati Ayam" or Chicken Livers in Spicy Coconut Sauce.