Corn & Sweet Potato Rich Cold Potage Soup. Native Americans taught European colonists to grow the indigenous grains, and, since its introduction into Europe by Christopher Columbus and other explorers, corn has spread to all areas of the world suitable to its cultivation. The leafy stalk of the plant produces pollen inflorescences and separate ovuliferous inflorescences called ears that yield kernels or seeds, which are fruits. Corn, also known as maize, is a starchy vegetable that comes as kernels on a cob, covered by a husk.
Corn definition is – a small hard particle : grain. How to use corn in a sentence. From simply grilled corn on the cob to a fun spin on salsa, get ready to find out why corn deserves the title of "Best Add-On" at your summer table. You can have Corn & Sweet Potato Rich Cold Potage Soup using 9 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Corn & Sweet Potato Rich Cold Potage Soup
- It’s 3 of Corn ears.
- Prepare 1 of Sweet potato.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 1500 ml (50.72 fl oz) of Milk.
- Prepare 100 ml (3.38 fl oz) of Heavy cream.
- You need 10 g (0.35 oz) of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of Broth cube.
- It’s to taste of Fine salt & pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Parsley.
A corn (or clavus, plural clavi or clavuses) is a distinctively shaped callus of dead skin that usually occurs on thin or glabrous (hairless and smooth) skin surfaces, especially on the dorsal surface of toes or fingers. They can sometimes occur on the thicker skin of the palms or bottom of the feet. Corns form when the pressure point against the skin traces an elliptical or semi-elliptical. The soup was adjusted to the vegetables available in Puerto Rico by the addition of corn and pumpkin.
Corn & Sweet Potato Rich Cold Potage Soup instructions
- Peel sweet potato, chop and soak in water to remove the scum. *Approximately 5 mins..
- Peel onion and slice thinly..
- Peel the corn, remove the silk, then cut off the kernels. *Use the cobs later, so please keep them. The photos are 4 ears, but just 3 ears are enough for this soup..
- Stir-fry onion with butter..
- Add salt & pepper and stir-fry. *Add them to make the onion lightly salted. To reduce the amount, do this here. After mixing with sweet potatoes or corn, it would be a little difficult to adjust to make it lightly salted..
- Add sweet potatoes and stir-fry..
- Add corn and stir-fry..
- Add half of the milk (750 ml)..
- Add broth cube and melt it..
- Put all corncobs in to get more flavor and stew well with low heat..
- Stop the heat, remove all corncobs, and blend well..
- Add the rest of the milk (750 ml), heavy cream, and mix..
- Stew with low heat agan..
- Stop the heat and let it cool a bit. Then pour into a heat resistant container. When cool enough put in the refrigerator until cold..
- Pour into a cup and sprinkle parsley for a nice presentation!.
- Also good! Rich Kabocha Squash Potage Soup (Recipe ID : 13039187)"&"Vichyssoise Potato & Onion Cold Cream Soup (Recipe ID : 13563864)".
In Puerto Rico, some cooks now add ginger root, chile pepper, cumin, and other ingredients but I believe it destroys the original rich natural vegetable taste. Corn is a starchy vegetable and cereal grain that has been eaten all over the world for centuries. It's rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals. However, corn germ, an abundant side-product of corn milling, is rich in fat and used to make corn oil, which is a. Corn, especially the yellow variety, is a rich source of calories and is a staple in many places.